Connecticut

Introduction! :)

Hi all -

I've been posting for a couple weeks now without a real introduction...so here we go!  :)

I'm Alison and my FI proposed to me on May 11 at the top of the St. Augustine lighthouse down in St. Augustine, FL.  That area has become very special to us over the years and he pulled off the amazing surprise!  I'm still in awe that he made it happen and the ring fits.  ;) 

We are very confused about how to begin the whole wedding process!  We are both originally from CT (and still live here) but love idea of marrying in St. Augustine with a party back home - but trying to make it all possible.  We were hoping to marry a year from now...but suspect we might be looking at two years instead.

All I know is I'm very excited to become his Mrs.  :)  I just wanted to say HELLO and look forward to chatting with all of you very soon!

Alison :)

Re: Introduction! :)

• edited December 2011
    PS - Wow, I just noticed my profile says I joined in 2006.  I promise I didn't sign up as a hopeful bride back then - haha.  That was when I was a MOH for the first time.  ;)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_introduction-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:8656bccb-2b30-42cb-982c-1e979bcb49e0Post:91a4481f-c531-4a89-a7ad-c2f1c161adc2">Re: Introduction! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS - Wow, I just noticed my profile says I joined in 2006.  I promise I didn't sign up as a hopeful bridge back then - haha.  That was when I was a MOH for the first time.  ;)
    Posted by ali79ger@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

HAHA don't worry, I've seen worse.  Welcome!! 
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! The CT ladies are fabulous!

Such a sweet proposal story :0)
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats and welcome!
  • CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! We got engaged May 2009 and will be doing June 2011.  As much as I want to be married yesterday, I've really appreciated all the time we've had to plan.  It's so much less stressful especially with both of us in grad school and FI working.  I got a lot done that first year too (pretty much booked all my vendors) and now I'm starting the dress search.  So in case you decide to do 2 years, it's not that bad (even though I stay to FI all the time, don't you wish we picked June 2010, haha)
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome proposal story! Congrats & welcome!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome & Congrats!!!

This board is amazing!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!  I look forward to chatting with you for some time! 

He did great with the proposal - but I gotta tell you, I was pretty annoyed with him right before it.  We were walking aroudn the top of the lighthouse - we've been on roller coasters together, in tall buildings...meaning, neither of us are scared of heights.  So I'm walking around the top, lookign down from the top, taking in the views, etc. - all while he's staying towards the center, not really looking out...not allowing us to have that "together" feeling that I had in my mind!!!  Little did I know what was about to happen when I gave him a snotty "why don't we just go back down" after about ten minutes up tehre - yep, that's when he stopped me and got down on his knee.  Apparently he didn't want the ring to fall out of his pocket!!  Looking back at the pics now, you can see a bulge in his left shorts pocket from when the park ranger at the top took our pic right before he popped the question.  :)
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!!

What a great story, and yes the girls here are fabulous!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!!  Great proposal story.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!  Cute proposal story.
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

• edited December 2011
    Great proposal story! Welcome and Congrats!
  • EStar73EStar73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! I can relate to being annoyed at the FI before the proposal, he was keeping me from going to bed and I was really tired, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards