Missouri-Kansas City

Local Attractions

What are you listing on your website/in your invites as local attractions? How much (if any) information are you including about each attraction (ie: price? location? hours? brief summary?).

I have no idea where to start! I feel like there are so many different interests that I don't want to "limit" what we tell our guests. At the same time, I don't want that page of our website to take eons to load! ;-)

Re: Local Attractions

• edited December 2011
    I didn't include a brief summary but a link to the website and a smal description of the attraction.  Since my wedding is in October I included the follwoing:
    The Plaza
    The Liberty Memorial
    Nelson Atkins Art Muesum
    Crown Center
    Overland Park Arboretum

I'm trying to decide if I should anything else on there... I'm also giving the OOT guests a welcome bag with a book of things to do as well. 

HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I listed out several attractions and a few of our favorite local restaurants. I put a short description on some of them, but I also included links to each of the attractions' websites for more information. We have a lot of OOT guests that are planning on coming early or staying a few days after our wedding, so I wanted them to be able to plan their trips.

I felt the same way about working on it though. I just sat down and did it to get it out of the way!  Good luck! :)
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're putting a few things on our website, but not too many.

-P&L District
    -the Plaza
    -Boulevard Brewery (bc we're beer fans)
    -World of Fun (since it will be Halloween Haunt, and our wedding is on a Sunday so we figure people will probably make a long weekend of it)

We may add some restaurants, but since the P&L and the Plaza have a bunch of restaurants anyway, we might not.

ETA: We did put about a paragraph of description under each of these. If you'd like to see what we wrote, just email me and I'll send you the text. soontobemrsavery at yahoo dot com.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I listed the zoo, Science City at Union Station, Starlight, WOF/OOF, Nelson-Atkins, and Steamboat Arabia for attractions, Royals and T-Bones for sports teams (our wedding is in Jun.), and the Plaza, Crown Center, Oak Park mall, and Power and Lights for shopping centers. I just listed address, phone number, and website for each, so it doesn't take up too much space. I got most of them off the websites for the city of Kansas City and Overland Park.
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, those are all great ideas! Thanks for your help! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards