April 2013 Weddings
Options

Weekend post!

So ladies, how's your week been?  What's up for the weekend?

FI and I had a stressful week with our new house; to put a long story short, FI got a new, more awesome job Monday that even though the pay is better, put our financing in jeopardy.  We had to tap dance through that and it was really upsetting but now things are looking good (fingers crossed!) and we're both feeling better.

FI's got art in a show at the Andy Warhol museum tonight, which is AWESOME.  Not so awesome: him wanting me to walk a mile in 97 degree heat.  Um, no.  And he shouldn't be walking in it, either!

Tomorrow we volunteer at a Cystic Fibrosis Foundation event, Jam on Walnut.  There are three concerts throughout the summer with local bands; they shut down a street and sell wristbands that allow you to drink on the street and we sell the wristbands and/or pour beer.  It's really hot and it's tiring, but it's usually when all of our friends come out so that's fun.

Sunday we're hoping to finally finish our guest list.  I want to start getting addresses and such together since I'm still waiting for my job to start and I can make labels or something while I wait.  I also talked to a potential florist this week, which went well!  I like two of the samples she sent me a lot.  :)

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weekend post!

• Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_weekend-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:f7927d00-f670-48ba-8284-881738ad50a0Post:0180bb72-45cc-4edf-a9e8-1bfc613e1d81">Weekend post!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So ladies, how's your week been?  What's up for the weekend? FI and I had a stressful week with our new house; to put a long story short, FI got a new, more awesome job Monday that even though the pay is better, put our financing in jeopardy.  We had to tap dance through that and it was really upsetting but now things are looking good (fingers crossed!) and we're both feeling better. FI's got art in a show at the Andy Warhol museum tonight, which is AWESOME.  Not so awesome: him wanting me to walk a mile in 97 degree heat.  Um, no.  And he shouldn't be walking in it, either! Tomorrow we volunteer at a Cystic Fibrosis Foundation event, Jam on Walnut.  There are three concerts throughout the summer with local bands; they shut down a street and sell wristbands that allow you to drink on the street and we sell the wristbands and/or pour beer.  It's really hot and it's tiring, but it's usually when all of our friends come out so that's fun. Sunday we're hoping to finally finish our guest list.  I want to start getting addresses and such together since I'm still waiting for my job to start and I can make labels or something while I wait.  I also talked to a potential florist this week, which went well!  I like two of the samples she sent me a lot.  :)
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

aww I love when my posts don't show up and I write a lot lol. let me try this again...
  • Options
    This week was pretty relaxed.  Getting ready to go back to sea next Friday.  It's super bad luck to leave port on a Friday so I'm really hoping it gets delayed.  We're going to be doing some sea floor mapping and ROV dives off the southeast coast to see if we can find any cool fish.  ROVs are what they used to find explore wrecks, like the Titanic :-)

Today I'm heading down south with the pup to visit FI :-)  He's wrapping up a mission in Cape Cod and flying home tomorrow morning and should be home in time for dinner.  We're doing all sorts of fun things during our brief time together: the zoo, Disney World and fireworks on the 4th :-) 

Yay!!!  Happy weekend :-D
  • Options
    erbear- I am glad things are looking better now with the house.

FI and I have our engagement pics tonight and I am a bit of a nervous wreck.  I don't photograph well so hopefully they go smoothly.  Also it is supposed to be real hot and a little muggy today and FI and I are sweaters so this could be interesting. lol

We are going down the shore Saturday for the rest of the weekend to see his grandparents so that should be good.  DD absolutely loves the beach and the water.  Unfortunately we are close the the Jersey Shore house though so there are a lot of characters about trying to meet them which makes it hard for us to take her on the boardwalk for the rides.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

My FSIL had the same issues with getting their new home. Her husband started a new job 3 days before closing. Which caused them to have to fill out all new paperwork and they almost didn't get the house. It was a mess.

As for my week, it has been extremely emotional. My FI had his interview Wednesday with the Chief. He said they won't know anything for another 2 months. Awesome. It's not like we have been waiting for 2 years or anything. Oh well, what is another 2 months.

Late Monday night I got a call from my FI, a Police Officer in his current dept and his family got into a very bad car accident that evening. Their 3 year old daughter was killed, all because a f*ucking drunk driver ran a red light. It's awful. His wife and 2 other children are still in the hospital. I don't know what to do or say because it is just an awful situation, and I have been crying all week.

But I am looking forward to the weekend. My whole family is going up north and it will just be me and the dog. I could use some peace and quiet.

• Options
    Vk, that is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!  I can't even imagine something happening to my daughter, much less have my entire family in the hospital at the same time.  Ugh!  Lots of hugs and prayers for that family and everyone around them!

It has been a rough week for me.  For some reason, the heat is triggering my rheumatoid arthritis and I've been in a LOT of pain.  I haven't gotten anywhere NEAR what I would have liked to do this week.  It literally feels like every bone in my body is broken.

Tomorrow, my daughter has her first official "play date."  I really don't get play dates.  When I was little, we just called someone up and asked them to play, or just took our chances and went and rang their doorbell.  That's how it was in our old neighborhood as well - the kids were just all outside and played with whoever was around.  Now we're in a new neighborhood and none of the kids are ever outside.  The parents all want to call and schedule time for their kids to play.... like a week or more in advance.  What's the fun in that?  *shrug* 

Sunday is my niece's non-graduation party.  Apparently, Indiana doesn't do 8th grade graduations, but my sister is throwing her a graduation party anyway.  It's going to be hard to resist my sister's AMAZING cakes/cupcakes, but I need to keep remembering the fact that my dress doesn't fit, so cupcakes are a no-no.  :-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    My week was pretty average, not much to report. Wedding planning has kind of stopped. We've got out the save the dates and there's not much else to do at this point. It's a destination wedding and our wedding planner said we'll go over the details a couple months before the wedding, which makes me nervous because I'd really like to have everything planned out right now but what can ya do. Hopefully I'll shop for wedding shoes this weekend, that'd be nice to cross off the list. Enjoy your weekend ladies!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am sooo glad this week is OVER! I have had no patience for anybody this week at work. I can't wait until vacation (first week in August) its so sad because my next vacation after that will be the two weeks I am taking off next April  which is for the honeymoon and wedding, which will be a good 8 months of straight working!!! I will probs take long weekends here and there, but nothing much!

Tonight-- My mom, sister and friends are going to a medium. (I have been to see her 3 times) I get the chills every time I go. Last time we saw her my mom, sisters, brother and SIL went and our dad came through, and my sisters MIL also came through. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had , and I can't to see her again tonight. Even if you don't get read to be in the room around other people getting read is amazing. 

This weekend my cousin is up from Long Island so we are going to the beach tomorrow (FI loves fishing and has another fishing tourney during the day), and  then some vineyards and dinner. 

Have a good weekend ladies!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    OMG, VK, I'm so sorry to hear about that family.  I think drunk driving is one of the stupidest, most selfish things a person can do.  That poor little girl and that poor family!  Ugh.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards