North Carolina-Outer Banks

Officiant?

I know everyone raves about Rev. Jay, but he is already booked for our day.  Any other suggestions of people you have used that you loved??  Thanks!

Re: Officiant?

• edited December 2011
    We are meeting with Dr. Dave for our wedding.  I hear he is pretty popular too.  jay was booked for our day too.  i really liked him on the phone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marsha Johnson, who actually owns Great Cakes, is also an officiant. She was wonderful when we met with her. If we hadn't already booked someone else, we would have used her. Hope you find what you're looking for!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I guess we should feel "lucky" that we booked Rev. Jay a year in advance then? Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • spk4btspk4bt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have booked Dr. Dave! He is awesome - very laid back, very flexible. He is also not very religious if that's what you're into, but he will do whatever you want. Met him at the expo last year and immediately knew he was going to be our officiant!
  • edited December 2011
    spk4bt - Your wedding is the day before mine!!  Which actually kind of makes me wonder about Dr. Dave because I thought we were doing a rehearsal that day... what time is your wedding if you don't mind me asking?  I'm just trying to determine if we are still going to be able to do a rehearsal!  Haha :oP 
  • spk4btspk4bt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is at 4pm at the Elizabethan Gardens in Manteo, 5.25.12!! So excited! We also have him booked for 5.24, Thursday for our rehearsal at 3pm. Congrats on your big day! Where are you having your wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    Haha!  Oh ok.  We haven't nailed down a time for our rehearsal, but it looks like we'll be seeing Dr. Dave right after you!  Phew!  We are getting married on the beach in front of Fearing Cottage and having our reception at 108 Budleigh.  Are you at Budleigh for your reception the day before us?  Since you are getting married in Manteo?  :)  I am so excited I can't stand it!  What are your colors? 
  • spk4btspk4bt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes! We are at Budleigh and I love it! Our colors are pale green (sage/celery), light blue (cornflower), ivory, and maybe a little touch of lavendar. Other than that, we are having a traditional-ish/romantic theme (lace, candlesticks, etc.) What about your colors/style?
  • edited December 2011

Kind of similar on the green and blue.  Maybe slightly brighter.  With orange also which will come in only through orange gerbera daisies.  For style, I'd say definitely more modern.

• edited December 2011
    are you a member of the FB group?  It is much easier to talk and go through posts there.  The group name is OBX 2011-12 Knotties.  I think you can search it and request to be added.  A few of the girls and one guy (Phillyboy) are admins and they will approve you.
  • spk4btspk4bt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't find the facebook group! ugh! I guess I will keep searching...obx 2011-12 knotties...
  • I am also getting married in OBX on 5/25/12 and tried to get Dr. Dave.  He said he was booked and now I know by who!!  I am still looking for an officiant but I haven't considered it a priority yet, guess I need to!
    May 25, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards