Hawaii

*** Aubrey *** (Alterations/Masako Formals)

Did you get your dress altered at Masako?  My friend is looking for a place to get her dress altered.  How was your experience?  Thanks!

Re: *** Aubrey *** (Alterations/Masako Formals)

• edited December 2011
    Yes I did!

I had a good experience... the estimate was higher than what I ended up paying so that was good. However I had initially decided to go bra-less and had them sew in cups, but they sewed them in funny (too high). There was also some weird spacing between me and the chest part that couldn't be fixed because the seamstress said it would ruin the design (she said I was flat chested, which I am not.. i have something!!!). I decided to get one of those sticky backless bras from Victorias Secret, some gel inserts to give me some oomph and used tape to keep the bust from popping up too much. That helped, but they wouldn't refund the $18 for putting in the cups (I took them out myself). Oh well!

They also charged me $80 to steam the dress since I had bought it somewhere else. I guess it is included if you buy a dress there. I did some research and found that to be the average price around town so I just went with them.

In the end, my dress looked great but I had to be really firm with what I wanted them to take in and how I wanted it to look. I love the way it came out!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Aubrey!  I'll pass the info on to my friend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards