Wedding Reception Forum

Centerpiece Ideas

My fiance and I have been back and forth deciding what to do for actual centerpieces.  Our wedding is under 75 people, so there aren't going to be a lot of tables.  So, our latest idea is to have different themes at different tables.  We both love photography, he loves cycling, the Yankees, we met at the Bronx Zoo, etc.  We decided to do our tables with little pieces of "us" from each of our favorites.  Pics of us doing each of these things, instead of traditional floral centerpieces.  It would be inexpensive, since we have a lot of things already.  Just want to know others opinions.

Re: Centerpiece Ideas

• I love that idea. I also am anti-flowers, due to the cost. I am having a winter wedding & i'm using vases filled with different colored ornaments & mason jars with lace & a candle inside. 
    But I LOVE your idea of making it personal. I think you can really come up with something cute!! 
  • Yours sounds beautiful also! 
  • Love the idea! Very cute and personal :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I asked the catering manager what centerpieces they use when they host big galas and balls at the venue.  She showed me four.  I picked one, and when the tables were set, the wait staff put those centerpieces on the tables, for free.
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I've never seen photos used as centerpieces....but I'm not sure I understand how it would work.  If it's a round table, then the photo will only be facing 1-2 people of the 8.  If you're lucky, 3 of the 8 people will get a decent view of the photo, and 5 won't see it at all (and will be looking at the ugly back of a frame).

Our centerpieces were low round glass bowls.  Our florist did 2-3 stems of tulips wrapped around the inside, filled the bowl with water, and did a floating candle in the middle.  I think they also did some scattered petals and tea lights on the table.  They were super-cheap.
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_centerpiece-ideas-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:499c4355-7df0-48d9-a658-acb1914e526aPost:8ce0a4c9-db74-48e4-974f-55ab97fb6283">Re: Centerpiece Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never seen photos used as centerpieces....but I'm not sure I understand how it would work.  If it's a round table, then the photo will only be facing 1-2 people of the 8.  If you're lucky, 3 of the 8 people will get a decent view of the photo, and 5 won't see it at all (and will be looking at the ugly back of a frame). Our centerpieces were low round glass bowls.  Our florist did 2-3 stems of tulips wrapped around the inside, filled the bowl with water, and did a floating candle in the middle.  I think they also did some scattered petals and tea lights on the table.  They were super-cheap.
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

The tables are rectangular, one on each side of the table.  There will be other items as well, and a candle in the middle. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_centerpiece-ideas-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:499c4355-7df0-48d9-a658-acb1914e526aPost:687d9534-2a58-45dc-89f0-6b66be2dc73c">Re: Centerpiece Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Centerpiece Ideas : The tables are rectangular, one on each side of the table.  There will be other items as well, and a candle in the middle. 
    Posted by brenda2011Wed139476[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a very nice idea. I like how unique and personalized it is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I love this idea. We considered doing this but decided we had too many tables and it would be too much stuff to lug across the state and keep track of. Not to mention get set up before the reception. Have fun!!!
  • babe915babe915 member
    First Comment
    I really like the photo idea :) And when ever I'm at a table where a photo is facing away...I move it so I can see it, then others do that and thats it. I dont stare at it all night so its no biggie it faces 1-3 people at a time. I really like how its personal. We're having a movie theme wedding and instead of table numbers were assigning a different movie to each table (one we seen in theaters together). So I really adore your personal touches. I think your guests will really like that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How about a photo box, 4 sides instead of 1 so more people can see it. Very cute idea, My ffil keeps encouraging me to add the personal touches when I second guess myself and think about tradition and "etiquette". 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards