Nevada-Las Vegas

Need a new Elvis!!

Help! We had Travis Allen booked for early January, and he just canceled on us! Donny Edwards is also unavailable. Who else have you guys used?? We only have about a month to find someone, so I'm freaking out! 
Thanks in advance!

Re: Need a new Elvis!!

• edited December 2011
    Did Travis give a reason for the cancellation?  This is the first negative thing I've heard about him so would like to find out if there's more to it like an emergency, etc.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• julibopperjulibopper member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    His manager told us that he was booked in Milwaukee for Elvis's birthday. I understand that he needs to follow the big gigs, but I'm really disappointed in the last-minute nature of this. Especially since I have to send them a copy of the check to get all of my deposit back...If there were an eye-rolling smiley I'd use it here.
  • edited December 2011
    Really sorry to hear that; sounds like that is what happened then if you heard via the manager; a big gig came up that displaced yours and that just shouldn't be done, or at the very least he should help you find a replacement.

I cannot vouch for his Elvis stuff in any way shape or form, but the person who married us does the Elvis weddings at https://www.theelvisweddingchapel.com/our3kings_flash.html and he claims to offer Elvis impersonator services, and has been on TV shows doing it along with Katy Perry's Waking up in Vegas music video:

http://themobileminister.com/Elvis.htm

We hired him for completely different reasons and had a traditional ceremony, just throught I'd mention him because I know he does Elvis stuff too.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks! It really helps to have somewhere to start. Time to start torturing my fiance with more Elvis videos... :)
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe Travis can recommend someone for you? I had a vendor for hair and makeup give me rec's on others after she told me she wasn't available my date/time.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    07ultra, sadly, the one they recommended is also going to be out of town for the King's birthday.
    Serves me right for wanting a wedding so close to his birthday!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry!

I booked TA through his manager/father and he told me that if something "huge"  were to come along that he would have to break the contract (so not really sure why there even is a contract)... so I'm sorry this hapened to you.

If you don't find an Elvis you like, maybe you can get a Sinatra impersonater or something...
  • mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Brendan Paul for our ceremony and he was great!  His singing, playing, and look was totally on.
    http://www.bestelvis.com/

We also had another Elvis inpersonator, Jesse Garon, drive us in a pink cadillac to our reception. http://www.vegaselvis.com/
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mizutmababy-- Is Brendan Paul reliable? He was on our initial list, but it took him three weeks to return our phone calls so I didn't think he would be good with staying in touch. But if it was just a fluke, I'd love to go with him!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CamilleJon--I wish I had gotten the same warning you got! Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. And as for another impersonator, well, let's just say that I have a large family, and all of them are Elvis fans. There might be a riot if he didn't show up!

LilMissScareAll-- Thanks! We had checked that site before, but unfortunately, all the testimonials are positive! At this point, I'm looking for the dirty laundry to make sure this doesn't happen again :)
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to be a dummy head but what does TAs service entail and what is the cost?  I hear about him a lot and have wondered.  Does he show up or singand dance or both?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-new-elvis?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b2cce994-83c1-4709-8046-7f1c1587559cPost:85d9054c-5347-4aad-9eb8-351c6d0afd85">Re: Need a new Elvis!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to be a dummy head but what does TAs service entail and what is the cost?  I hear about him a lot and have wondered.  Does he show up or singand dance or both?
    Posted by starryeyed77[/QUOTE]

lol at dummyhead!

He is an Elvis impersonator that comes to your party and sings 3-4 songs and then takes pictures with all your guests. He costs $250 per visit. His visits are scheduled for an hour, but I have seen reviews on her where he stayed longer so that he got a picture with everyone.
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh nice...i will look into sounds fun.  Juli hope you can find someone to fill in well.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks starryeyed!
    To add to CamilleJon, he also will officiate and take care of the official marrying paperwork for an extra $100, which is a nice addition!
  • mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-new-elvis?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b2cce994-83c1-4709-8046-7f1c1587559cPost:76944159-ba5b-4554-8efc-2d6f31d355dc">Re: Need a new Elvis!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mizutmababy-- Is Brendan Paul reliable? He was on our initial list, but it took him three weeks to return our phone calls so I didn't think he would be good with staying in touch. But if it was just a fluke, I'd love to go with him!
    Posted by julibopper[/QUOTE]

Our chapel honored our request to have him for our ceremony, so I'm not sure what all went into the booking process.  However he was on time, honored our songs/outfit requests, and was kind enough to confirm everything and give us a rundown of how the ceremony would play out incase there were any last minute things.  He was great, but I have heard he gets busy and takes awhile to get back via e-mail... Not sure about the phone.  But I could have said this for at least half of my vendors to be honest...^^;;  I know a lot of vendors do better about contacting/calling back if you express that you'd like to book instead of just leaving messages about general inquiries.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mizutmababy: What a great tip! I had my fiance mention the magic word-- "booking"-- and he called us back in a day! Hopefully this will finally get resolved!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards