Catholic Weddings

Invite the Pope?

HI
has anyone sent an invitaion to the pope?

Re: Invite the Pope?

• lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    yes, and I've heard of lots of people doing that. but... I've never heard of a single person getting anything back, so don't get your hopes up!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I read (somewhere) that Pope John Paul II sent blessings in response to wedding invitations, but that has fallen away with Pope Benedict XVI. 
    After five years he finally asked! Wedding Countdown Ticker imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers imageVisit The Nest!
  • MopsieBMopsieB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I read someplace that you should never invite anyone you wouldn't actually want to see on your wedding day...

• edited December 2011
    I'm sure any number of the ladies on here would be overjoyed to see the Pope on their wedding day -- or any day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_invite-pope?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:34c64f32-951e-4482-8b66-48c787da41acPost:0b2ddd24-21bd-499b-9a57-fe648e96500f">Re: Invite the Pope?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read someplace that you should never invite anyone you wouldn't actually want to see on your wedding day...
    Posted by MopsieB[/QUOTE]
    lol! um...ok.
    Anniversary
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_invite-pope?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:34c64f32-951e-4482-8b66-48c787da41acPost:0b2ddd24-21bd-499b-9a57-fe648e96500f">Re: Invite the Pope?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read someplace that you should never invite anyone you wouldn't actually want to see on your wedding day...
    Posted by MopsieB[/QUOTE]

That's true, but I think that anyone who is sending the Pope an invitation with the hopes of a congratulations letter in response would probably be thrilled if he decided to attend the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards