California-Inland Empire

How many colors is to many??????

I have three colors and I'm not sure that that can blend together, the way my fiancee and I want them to . My colors are yellow, orange, and white. I want this day to be the best day of our lives, can someone please help!
J.Dukes

Re: How many colors is to many??????

• bfroeschbfroesch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm, though those are not the colors I would choose to put together, (makes me think of candy corn lol) I would probably use white and yellow, with orange as an accent color.

Maybe - as an example - a bouquet of white and yellow roses with an orange ribbon around the base.

Or.... white tablecloths with a yellow table runner with orange plastic rhinestones sprinkled on the runner.

Just thinkin... :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think 3 colors are fine. Any more than that would probably be too much. Not only that but one of your colors is white...which isn't as crazy as red or neon green. I'm sure most people won't really even notice that white is one of your colors.

• DK630DK630 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, white is a good base color and will help even out the orange and yellow.  If you are worried about it being too much, maybe you can choose lighter shades of those colors to make it a little more subtle.  Either way, I think you'll be fine!  :) 
    Photobucket
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you're fine.  FI's cousins used yellow orange and white and it turned out really nice...

found some pics... that show the yellow and orange details... HTH!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    I think those colors would work well together. 

I had quite a bit of colors going on in my wedding.  The ceremony was orange, white, brown.  The reception was turquoise, cream, white, brown, a salmon pinkish color., tan.  Yea...I know, a lot but most of those were accent colors that went well with the way I did it.  I have pics of how I meshed it together in my bio links below (planning & wedding).   The 3 main colors were brown, turqouise white (and off white).  I used the other colors in the favors, table cards, etc. 

**edit**  I decided to just post the pics below.  I had so many colors!
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    the colors will work great! I'm using a lot of colors too blue, green, white, purple and gold I think I'll use purple and gold as accent colors. I'm using inspiration from peacock feathers :) anyways you can always look up those color themes and get wonderful ideas .
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah try this website. i seached this thing forever before i picked my colors:

http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have three, Tiffany Blue, Dark Red, & Teal
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have 3 as well, dark purple, sage and ivory.  you'll be fine with these 3 colors
  • edited December 2011
    You really only have 2 colors, white doesn't count. 

We have blue and yellow, but a large range of shades. It'll probably end up being about 20 different shades altogether, but I still consider it just 2 colors.

Your wedding will look lovely, you could use lemons and oranges as decoration
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards