New York-Long Island

Shower Location for about 50 people

Hey guys, I am trying to plan my sister's shower up on Long Island (I'm in PA) for about 50 guests sometime in September or October. Do you have any suggestions? Looking for somewhere in Nassau County preferably-somewhere between Oyster Bay and Lynbrook for about $35 pp or less. TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Shower Location for about 50 people

• edited December 2011
    Places I liked, for about the same number of people and *sort of* in that price range, were: Argyle Grille in Babylon, EB Elliots in Freeport, and the George Washington Manor in... Jericho?
  • AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking the GW Manor too.  I went there to look for our wedding and it wasn't right, however, I thought it would be a very nice place for a shower.  It's a little rundown, but it has character.  I think the prices was higher thatn it should have been, but they said when we were looking that their calandar was totally open which makes me think they would be willing to haggle
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • browneyes33browneyes33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trattoria Diane in Roslyn - I went to a baby shower there last week and it was amazing.  The food was sooo good and the satff was really nice.  Really cute location.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    my shower was at Mother Kelly's in Cedarhurst. It was fabulous!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_shower-location-50-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:b46ef2e5-27df-45e7-b55a-439f15712062Post:0a5a6152-efe4-410e-92b3-1e5171d7b8c0">Re: Shower Location for about 50 people</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking the GW Manor too.  I went there to look for our wedding and it wasn't right, however, I thought it would be a very nice place for a shower.  It's a little rundown, but it has character.  I think the prices was higher thatn it should have been, but they said when we were looking that their calandar was totally open which makes me think they would be willing to haggle
    Posted by AmandalovesAl[/QUOTE]

<div>You can definitely haggle.  I didn't wind up booking with them, but we went though the motions and almost did... when we worked otu the details, they were willing to include a bunch of extra options for the price.</div>
  • rikachikarikachika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try Butterfields in Happague - they only do parties on Sundays though... Good luck
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Piccolos in Mineola - delicious

Jonathans in Garden City Park - for a sat./sun. brunch it's about 30pp plus tax and grat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards