Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

AW: Invitation Digital Copy

Neither FI or I are graphic designers, but we wanted to try to design our own invites because we weren't finding any that we both really seemed to like. So here is what we came up with. We used photos we've taken ourselves to make it extra personal and doctored them up in Photoshop. The black border will be a 5x7 panel card and the invitation will be printed on ivory (not yellowish like in the picture) cardstock, and centered better of course. Ignore the weird shadow on the ivory/yellow box, I didn't know how to get rid of that, but the only parts getting sent to the printer anyway will be the text, the tree and the mountains with that divider line.  

So what do you ladies think? Does it look okay?

Re: AW: Invitation Digital Copy

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's beautiful! I love that you used photos you have taken to make it personal :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very Cool!
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This looks great!  Beautiful job :)  Well composed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Super pretty! I am impressed!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the design.  For text, I would suggest taking a look at your abbreviations.  Some of periods after them and some don't (or at least that's how it looked in the slightly blown up version on my screen).  Personally, I would spell out "street" and "saint" and other things besides Mr. and Mrs, but that's a personal choice.  The text flows nicely though.  Good job!
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks awesome! Nice work. Here's what the copy editor in me found:

-like pp said, I would also spell out "Street" and "Saint" to keep with the formal wording you're using throughout.
    -I believe you do not need the comma after Saturday since it follows with "the". If you were wording it like this: "Saturday, August twenty-seventh", you would use it. But it should stay after the word "August", just like you have it.
    -"o-clock" should be "o'clock"
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    brink131brink131 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, thanks for pointing out those issues with the text Heather and Debbie, I will definitely fix that up. And thanks for the encouragement everyone, it means a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards