Florida-North Florida

Alterations/Seamstress in Jax

Does anyone have a recommendation for a seamstress for alterations in the Jacksonville area?  I am considering buying a used wedding dress that is still quite expensive.  It is a sheath cut, all lace.  The dress has been altered for a height of 5'8.5", per the seller.  I am just slightly under 5'8.5" tall, which is really cutting it close.  My plan is to wear a flat shoe with the gown as the ceremony is outside.  I would be purchasing it via preownedweddingdresses.com and it would be shipped to me.  There is a clause that would allow me to return the dress if it does not fit, etc.  I want to be able to coordinate an appointment with a seamstress when the dress arrives to see if a hem could be added without taking away from the detail of the dress.  I'm sure there are options if the dress needs to be slightly lengthened?!?  The dress was 'cut' to it's current length, so there is no hem to be let down.

I need someone with flawless attention-to-detail!  Any suggestions?!?

Re: Alterations/Seamstress in Jax

• KnalexisKnalexis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a place at the Winn-Dixie shopping center off of Solano Rd in PBV... They are a larger shop and I think they do a nice job (I've brought pants there - I know it is not a wedding dress but the service and skill seem competent for such a task)

hope this helps.
  • mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about C. Pratte, and plan to use her, but have not yet.  She has a website if you google her name.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are close to the 5 Points area, Martha Shump. She did great work on my dress, and my MOH's, and it wasn't expensive. She's located on Hendricks.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Donna at Alteration Location in Orange Park in the Tanglewood shopping center, very good price and very good work
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • edited December 2011
    I went with C prate and she did amazing. She changed my neckline from straight across to sweetheart, brought it in and added straps. It looks awesome and she was very nice and quick. 
  • edited December 2011
    Martha Shump
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards