Ohio-Cleveland

marriott

Hi ladies! so we did some reception searching and i really liked the marriott at the key center downtown it's a little pricey but its beautiful...has anyone heard anything good/bad about them and any suggestions to help knock down the price a little bit? let me know! thanks!

Re: marriott

• missmis99missmis99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not research them beyond seeing their prices and seeing that they were out of my budget.  However, I did go to a wedding there and have stayed at the hotel there for other occassions.  The wedding was very formal and very nice.  If  you can afford it, I would recommend it.
    my read shelf:
    Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!

My boss got married at the Marriott at Key.  He said he had them take some things of the package and it reduced the price.  For example, he had the cheese and crackers taken off as well as the truffle with desert.  I'm sure you asked you could customize it more.  My FI and I loved the Key Center as well.  It was out of our price range because we never thought about having things taken out.  We ended up at the Marriott on 150th.  Good luck. I hope this helped.
  • edited December 2011
     my fiance and I just looked at the marriott tonight and it was beautiful, we just started our process of viewing sites. IT is a little high especially the better view area. i heard you can adjust the menu some by taking items off. how many people r u having? any other suggestions of any other areas you've been to?? let you know if i hear anything else
  • didzie21didzie21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's where our reception is, it's so beautiful! We found that you do have to "wheel and deal" them a little (that sounds so tacky but it's true). They are really struggling in this economy and their number of weddings has gone down. This is something that will work in your favor though! I think they would rather work with you and come down on price (or throw in some free extras) than lose your business. You do have to be careful on the quality of food though. We had a tasting and they brought out food that wasn't on the original menu (you could tell it was lower quality), so we had to "fight" to get the better food back on the menu for the same price but they were very willing to do it. It's been completely worth it for such a great venue. Also, if you're looking to have less expensive decor, Al Wilhelmy florists are AMAZING and they work really closely with the Marriott.
  • edited December 2011
     did you take the window view side of the ballroom?? how did you get them to come down, is your wedding this year or next??? if you could help me with any tips that would be wonderful, thanks
  • didzie21didzie21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Not a problem! We did go with the window side, it's hard to get them to come down from base price but what they are willing to do is throw in extras and mix/match packages to get more for your money. Our wedding is this April but we booked in Nov. '08. Also, we are fairly loyal Marriott customers so that helped (I don't know if you are, but if so, definitely bring up your brand loyalty in meetings...again sort of tacky but it's a business thing). Ask about all possibilities/combinations. Buffet dinner was the least expensive I believe. And if you really care about the venue and can live with out some of the extras have them back out items from the quote ex: champagne toast, chair covers, signature cocktail, ect. Don't be afraid to ask! I really hope this helps, good luck :)

• edited December 2011
    Not sure what you are looking for as a reception location, I looked at all the Marriott's in the Cleveland Area, again like didzie21 said we are loyal Marriott customers... we chose the Cleveland Airport Marriott for many reasons... 1. they just redid the Grandball room less than a year ago 2. We got more for our money at that Marriott than at Key (nothing against Key it is absolutely beautiful), we were able to keep all of the things that were mentioned above that could take out.  Call Michelle Hodous at the Marriott if you are still looking for a place.  She is AMAZING to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards