Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

XP Menu/Apps/beer and wine ideas

Hi Ladies

I mostly post on my local board, but I lurk here and thought I'd ask you all for some advice as well.

We are making our own apps and having the salad and dinner catered. The dinner is going to be a served salad, and then a buffet with brisket, pulled chicken, baked beans, and mashed red potatoes. (do we need more stuff?) A fellow Maine bride mentioned we should have a vegetarian option. My caterer doesn't offer one at all 9local bbq place) Any ideas on something simple we could prepare that goes with bbq  that would please any non meat eaters?

any ideas of fun apps we could make? that sort of go with the bbq theme? i have a lot of out of towners coming for our maine wedding and i'd like to somehow incorporate lobster into the apps.

also, we're having an "open bar" meaning we're supplying all the beer and wine. is anyone else doing an outdoor wedding where you are supplying the beer and wine? how are you setting it up? it's going to be self serve. the beer i'm sure we'll just have around in buckets, but the wine?

I appreciate all your help!

Re: XP Menu/Apps/beer and wine ideas

• Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your caterer do a mac & cheese?  I'd totally eat that as a main course.  Plus, it'd be another side for everyone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i thought of that! great suggestion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    potatoes salad r macaroni salad goes great with bbq also.
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any suggestions for keeping the liquor cool, but as far as veggie options--yes, macaroni and cheese, or you can see if your caterer can do a vegetarian baked bean.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards