Massachusetts-Boston

Return address dilema

I was online at paperdivas.com i love the invite on there and they are not too expensive but thye want to charge $.50 and envelope to print a return address on the envelopes as well as the envelopes that are to be returned with the response cards! that will be an extra $100 or so! I was thinking i could purchase a rubber stamp and do them myself, but  what should the stamp say. We are not married yet so is it ok to get a monogram stamp with my FI last name? or do i have one made with both of our first and last names on it?

Re: Return address dilema

• edited December 2011
    Technically you should not be using your "new" last name or monogram initials until you are married...you could get a stamp with your FI's name and have the RSVPs be mailed to/from him at your address (this is assuming that you live together).

For the return address and RSVP envelopes for our invitations, we used both of our last names -- no first names --- and home address (we were living together)...HTH!
  • kt8301kt8301 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They have the CUTEST stamps on etsy.  I got mine here (only $21) and you will have it forever (we omitted last names). 

Also, I stamped the RSVP envelope on the front, so I didn't have to hand address them!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76765491/custom-eco-mount-address-stamp-cute?ga_search_query=bird&ga_search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_5727540
    best day ever! Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Great idea no last names and our last names both begin with R, so would it be ok then to get the monogram?
  • kt8301kt8301 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, yes! 

And actually, this is the one we got (I put the wrong one above) http://www.etsy.com/transaction/52115033 - so no monogram was in it.
    best day ever! Photobucket Anniversary
  • HockeyFan4HockeyFan4 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    technically you are supposed to hand address everything.  I did mine myself and they came out really nice.
  • edited December 2011
    I think getting a stamp is a good way to go-- it will probably cost less than getting it printed and you can keep using it.

Personally, I'd either go with his last name (assuming you are taking it after the wedding), no first names, because then now it looks like it is just from him and after it will include both of you, or, my first choice, would be just first names, and the address.

However, my family is very conservative and it would have raised a LOT of eyebrows if we advertise that we lived together, so we just used my parents address for everything, and I gave them the stamp after the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards