May 2013 Weddings
Options

Present

Hey a present etiquette question for you ladies,

My cousin got married earlier this year.  Its her second marriage and they announced just a few weeks before they got married, had a very small wedding (her first wedding was pretty big), so most of the family wasn't invited.  She also didn't do a registry that I know of.  I havn't gotten her a present yet since I wasn't sure what to get her...I guess just cash/a check?  They are about 15 years older then me/make alot more money...not a reason not to give them a present, I just feel more awkward about it I guess.  Part 2 of the question is that they are having a baby in about a month...I just found their registry online, so I can get stuff of there....should I just get extra baby stuff for them and call that their wedding/baby present?  Or get some baby stuff and send a check?  Any thoughts would be great!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Present

• Options
    I would maybe do a gift card or something other than money.  Especially if they're expecting, maybe they could use a night out or something.  Maybe a nice restaurant gift card or a movie theatre certificate.

When my brother got remarried, they asked to not have gifts, but we ended up getting them each a bottle of decent liquor that they'd like.  He got a bottle of Capt Morgan (his favorite), and we bought her a bottle of the Godiva Chocolate Liquor
  • Options
    My best friend got married on a Tuesday and had a baby that Saturday. I felt like even though everything happened within a week, it was still 2 separate events so I gave her a wedding gift then picked up a baby gift. As for what to give as a wedding gift, I agree a gc to a nice restaurant would be great.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for the advice!!  I"ll probably go with baby stuff off the registry and restaurant!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards