Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Birdcage veil

Hi ladies-

I just recently decided I'm going to wear a birdcage veil but...can't really find one. Are they all the same? Where can I find them? I tried one on at Alfred Angelo but it seemed a little pricey (around 100) or maybe that's the norm. Is this an ok online purchase or should I defintely get it in person? Help!

Re: Birdcage veil

• BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on shopping for mine at Circle Park Bridal in Addison. I'm not sure what their selection is like, but their prices are supposed to be very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered mine from an etsy seller.  It was only $18 so I ordered 2 different colors white and diamond white.  They don't come with any bling but I plan on going to Sam Moon to find exactly what I want. 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/49796247/bride-on-the-go-9-inch-mini-blusher
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Etsy.com if you're looking for a more inexpenisve veil. I bought two headpieces (not my veil) from different sellers that I bought for about a quarter of the price of pieces in stores.

And no, not all birdcage veils are the same. Some cover your entire face, some just part of it, some law pretty flat and some are poufy.

I purchased my birdcage veil from Bellaire Bridal and $100 sounds about right. They are actually substantially less expensive than some other makers. Mine's style # 1902 =)
  • dannag75dannag75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Circle park has great ones. They even have one designer that will do a custom one... thats who is making mine! they have a great selection and with very reasonable prices!
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • CJandMLCJandML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emma's Bridal Boutique in Red Oak make beautiful ones. They run the website birdcageveils.com. The last time I was a bridal show they had a 10% off coupon. They have a lady who makes them and she can make custom ones. They had really cute garters made out of the same French netting that were sooo cute.

The place I got my dress they actually rent out bridal accessories. They have a few bird cage veils when I was in there last. It is called Classy concepts in Mansfield.
  • CJandMLCJandML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to add!

I'm making my own birdcage veil. There is a place in dallas that I FINALLY found that carries french netting. It is called fabrique in North Dallas. They had it for  9" netting is was $6 and the 21" it was $21.
  • edited December 2011
    balfour-I saw several on esty that I liked so I think I might go that route. I've already got my sam moon blingage!

I'm going to circle park bridal this weekend though just in case I find something there. Thank all of you for your input!
  • tifflee01tifflee01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who makes them - Veils by EMC

Ebony - ebonycarrington@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards