Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Cruiseport Gloucester??

anyone having their wedding here or been to one? how is it? Do you know the Prices?!?

Re: Cruiseport Gloucester??

• Options
    penny12986penny12986 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went there for a tour in March but ultimately decided against having my wedding there though the interior and the chandelier in the foyer is gorgeous.

They require a $2000ish deposit and have a 100 guest minimum.  From the looks of the menu it looked like it would be difficult to find anything below $120/pp.

Though the interior of the building is pretty, I found the parking lot, surrounding area and cranes in harbor to be off-putting.  I have to say that the staff was very friendly though and returned my emails quickly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just looked at the PDF they sent me and here were the room rental charges for 2012:

Rental Rates 2012 Friday $4,100.00 Saturday $4,900.00 Sunday $3,500.00
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Cruiseport this past May and LOVED it!  The room is beautiful, the staff was great (although I believe they have had some changes since then).  Things are a little pricey if you are looking to stay within a budget there are ways to do it as well though.  If you would like to see any pictures or have any specific questions I would be more than happy to answer if you send me a message.  I highly recommend Cruiseport to everyone though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so you have to pay for the room rental plus food?

i may just go with danversport its not cheap there either but it includes a lot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_cruiseport-gloucester-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:caab706c-f831-425d-b287-70c6b573022fPost:3705a0b5-ce39-4add-a416-9b6f2e519f06">Re: Cruiseport Gloucester??</a>:
    [QUOTE]so you have to pay for the room rental plus food?
    Posted by brandonswifey4605[/QUOTE]

Correct, and they have an exclusive caterer so you can't price compare with other caterers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there and I am going to spend around $16k for everything at Cruiseport (room for reception + ceremony fee, cocktail hour, food, booze) for about 125 guests. They have a lot included--one of the ones that I liked was the use of their chivari chairs, and also champagne toast for no extra charge.

I chose them also because inside everything is really stunning and gorgeous. I was not going to pay for that much for dark green carpets and decor from the mid-90s!

Make sure to go see the space of your top picks, I thought for SURE I wanted another venue, and then I saw it and was disappointed.

Good luck!
    We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Miss SEAMSMiss SEAMS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to an event there one evening and the parking lot is indeed dangerous!  18 wheelers from the fish warehouse next door made coming and going very hard to navigate in the dark.  Outside signage was either nonexistent or unreadable.
    The inside is gorgeous however, once you find it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards