Ohio-Cincinnati

Cake and Invitations HELP

Hello!
I'm planning my wedding in Cincinnati and have all of my venus, florist and photographer. However, I'm still in need of some good recommendations for a cake/bakery as well as invitations(asap). Any suggestions would be awesome! Also, any one know of a good make-up artist?

Re: Cake and Invitations HELP

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Bakery: Tracy at Tres Belle Cakes

I also had a tasting with Marylin, try her, too

Makeup artist: Michelle at Marxey Makeup did my wedding makeup

Diana Varga did my engagement makeup
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Flying Buttercream, who is not longer doing wedding cakes, but we did a tasting with Tres Belle and almost went with her.

Also, ditto Michelle Marx. She did hair and makeup for myself, my 4 BM and our moms and she did a fantastic job.

I made ours, but I've heard nothing but great things about Land of Oz for invites.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• hcohen0222hcohen0222 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made my invites, and also used Flying Buttercream, so I'm no help there, but I 2nd Diana Varga- she is awesome and SO affordable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    186 invitedimage 153 are ready to party!image 33 are missing outimage
    RSVP date September 28
  • edited December 2011
    I booked bonbonerie...their cakes are to die for!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dessertworks in Mason. Very nice lady. Excellent buttercreamn yummy!
  • edited December 2011
    For invites, we bought Groupons for mixbook.com which turned out to be very affordable ($0.20 per card with the "65% off" Groupon) but their options are more limited that other places.

For cake, we're going with Marilyn's Cakes http://marilynscakes.com/ She was very affordable at $2/slice

For makeup, I'm splurging on Nancy Dawson with Brideface.  She did makeup for my engagement photos, and my skin looked flawless.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE LOVED Jeana's Great Cakes http://www.jeanasgreatcakes.com/! We are doing mostly cupcakes and went with Abby Girl Sweets downtown - their cupcakes are like heaven.  

For make-up, I went with Eye Do Make-up & Lash Design http://www.eyedomakeupandlashdesign.com/. I just had my trial with Crystal and she was fun to work with and very accomodating.  I just LOVE that she gives you your lip gloss so you can refresh it throughout the day and she had TONS of hair pieces to make both our trial and wedding awesome!

For invites, I DIY-ed. Who you choose for this depends on your budget because you can go very cheap, or get up to $8-10+ and invite.  I met with Bold Paper Designs.  She was great, but I didn't find exactly what I wanted (or a price I was comfortable with).  I'd be happy to help you with ideas if you decide to DIY!    
  • dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

For cake I'm using A Spoon Fulla Sugar. Very reasonable prices & great tasting cake! For invitations, I made my own on Mixbook.com, I love the way they turned out & they were VERY cheap! For hair & makeup, I'm using EyeDo. I haven't had my trial runs with them yet, but I've heard great things about them!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For invitations we used the Paper Place, they were so patient and helpful, not pushy at all.  We checked out Land of Oz as well, and their prices were great, but I couldn't get over the store - it smelled like smoke and gave me a headache.  But for price, they are great!

For makeup, I loved Chenese Bean.  She's a little more expensive than some I think, but worth it!

For cake we used Servatti's and were very happy with both taste and cost.  Delicious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thank you everyone sooo much for all of your suggestions!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Vistaprint is amazing for invites! very easy to use, and you can find alot of coupons/free stuff!
  • mschneid02mschneid02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always like to throw in my vendors:
    Kelly for makeup at Cincimakeup.
    Kristen for invitations at Poeme.  She's so talented and great at finding what you like in budget.  She's about to do my baby announcements :)
  • We are still figuring our our invitations, but we are using Becca Buck from Sweetwater Bakehouse for our wedding cake!  She is super nice and accommodating!  Her cakes are beautiful and taste great!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards