Ohio-Toledo

bands/live music for reception.

Hi All!

I was wondering if you know of any bands in the area or near Toledo that would be willing to travel to my wedding  in Toledo on September 2011.  I'm getting married on labor day weekend and having troubles finding a band available and decent.  I rather go by what is recommended also and not just off a goggle search. 

Thanks all! 

Re: bands/live music for reception.

• edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding this past summer and the band they had was the Dan Rafferty Band.
    They are based out of Detroit, I believe, but I assume they travel since the wedding was in Toledo. We also know of another Toledo wedding they did the year before.
    They were AWESOME!! I think you can look them up on Facebook for sample vids (keyword: think) - but I highly recommend them. They were SO cool - did some awesome covers of Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga and basicaly any other song you can think of. It was so much fun.

We wanted to book them for our wedding but our budget just didn't allow for it :(
    I recommend looking into them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'd also ask this question on the Detroit board.  I would assume that most Detroit area bands would also travel to Toledo, and it might give you a bigger pool to choose from.
  • edited December 2011
    We have hired East River Drive for our band. We went to a wedding two years ago where they played and they are so much fun! They aren't a typical wedding band at all, they get the whole crowd involved. Check out their site and you can see them play in Toeldo.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_bandslive-music-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:cb67f23d-e40f-4e20-84cf-2d610583665dPost:b829b235-3ae9-484c-8701-2184c9ab7a63">Re: bands/live music for reception.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to a wedding this past summer and the band they had was the Dan Rafferty Band. They are based out of Detroit, I believe, but I assume they travel since the wedding was in Toledo. We also know of another Toledo wedding they did the year before. They were AWESOME!! I think you can look them up on Facebook for sample vids (keyword: think) - but I highly recommend them. They were SO cool - did some awesome covers of Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga and basicaly any other song you can think of. It was so much fun. We wanted to book them for our wedding but our budget just didn't allow for it :( I recommend looking into them.
    Posted by AllysOop[/QUOTE]
    Do you have any idea how much they charge? The Dan Rafferty band.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not 100% sure but I heard it's around $5000 but I don't know what all factors into that. I will tell you that this is the best $5000 (or whatever) you will spend. We had soooooo much fun at that wedding. We would have booked them but we had already splurged on too many things and had to draw the line somewhere. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I loved their music online but wow thats shocking! The bands around toledo are around half that. I think my fiance would have a heart attack lol.
  • bbn2011bbn2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See Alice Rock Band (owner is Kenneth McFeggan)   They are such a great group of guys and play amazing music.     Their website is  www.seealicerock.com   I know they are not $5,000.....probably half that.
  • mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Grand Avenue and LOVED them. Several of my friend used the band too and they were great every time. www.grandavenueband.com
    Not sure what they go for these days though

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards