Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What's going on your cake table?

I've been sorting through pictures and seen some cute ideas of things to put on the cake table. Wondering if anyone is doing anything out of the ordinary on theirs? I plan to have the usual toasting glasses, cake knife and server and cake stand with cake on it...
I found this photo which I thought was kind of cute, so I bought something similar to do on our table. Am I missing anything?
Which table does my bouquet go on?
Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's going on your cake table?

• danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had a hurrican vase with a big candle in it and then votives around that.  Pics in married bio.

The "I DO" letters you posted a pic of are VERY popular.  Also personalized cocktail napkins, or the bride and bridesmaid bouquets are good options too.

We used my bouquet as the centerpiece for our table.  I had a vase set up with the centerpiece, empty, and when we got into the room and sat down, I popped my bouquet into it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 3 empty vases that mine and my BMs bouquets went in, fresh rose petals, votives and a little sign that said "Love." 

I'm not a fan of the letters but they are very popular.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought 3 square glass vases for each of my bridesmaid bouquets to go in. I'm thinking 1 on the guest book table & 2 on the cake table, along with our toasting flutes/cake knife set. We'll see what it looks like with everything together. My bouquet will go on our sweetheart table.

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I am going to do letters like in your pic. But they will say LOVE IS SWEET!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_whats-going-cake-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:fc52dd17-a317-48ef-9956-8cfcecab4d73Post:b832b113-af5f-48d2-91fa-f2e7319e7d5a">Re: What's going on your cake table?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used my bouquet as the centerpiece for our table.  I had a vase set up with the centerpiece, empty, and when we got into the room and sat down, I popped my bouquet into it.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

That is a GREAT idea!!!!
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm making a cake stand like these:

www.raisethecake.com
  • edited December 2011
    Once I saw a wedding where they had nice framed old school photos of the bride's and groom's parents cutting the cake on their own wedding days.  Really sweet.
  • tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be extra careful where you put the cake table, the stuff on the walls will be in all your cake cutting pictures.  Stuff like fire extinguishers & bathroom signs.
  • edited December 2011
    we are putting one or two of our engagement pictures on the table for sure and possibily flower petals or candles... I haven't really thought quite that far yet.
  • edited December 2011
    We are going to keep it simple and just have flower pedals on the cake table.
    Heather and Tom 10.10.10 10.10.10 - Tom and Heather Sitting on the Dock
  • edited December 2011
    I think rose petals are just fine, too. I, like many people, have divorced parents so that idea about putting pictures of your parents cake cutting ceremony would just be uncomfortable. Tongue out
    imageimage
  • Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your responses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards