California-Los Angeles

looking for a venue for bridal shower

So, a few days ago my MOH went to try to reserve the venue that I wanted my bridal shower at, but they were booked for the day. Do you ladies have any suggestions for venues? Since it will be in July, I would not mind an outside venue, but I am open to anything. TIA!

Re: looking for a venue for bridal shower

• RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    What area are you looking for? We had my sister's shower at a place in Pasadena, and mine was at a really charming tea place in Santa Monica. I don't know if the place in Pasadena is still open because she got married 6 years ago. It depends where, how many people you want and what kind of event do you want--a mellow tea or brunch place? A more hip place where everyone can mingle? Whatcha looking for? :)
  • Anywhere in the LA area, we are pretty open. Looking for a place to accommodate around 25-30 ladies. Torn between brunch and a place to mingle.
  • Hmmm..I've heard good things about Cheesecake Factory in Marina Del Rey. The Malibu Inn is run by the owners of Calamigos Ranch and The Victorian in Santa Monica), my shower was at Tudor House in SM and it was very nice. Also check the Annenberg Beach House for outdoors or maybe the Getty Museum. HTH!! Good luck!
  • Have you looked at Jin's Paterssie (sp?) in Venice on Abbott Kinney? we did my friends baby shower there and it was amazing! We had about 15 people and they gave us a long table against the side; it's a really peaceful, enclosed space...it was really nice and I believe we paid about 20-25pp
  • Oh The Rose Cafe in Venice would also be nice.
  • Hello,
    I own a location scouting business in Southern CA and we scout for weddings and wedding related events primarily.  I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see if I can help you.  We save you time, money and stress because we do all the research and negotiating for  you.
    www.locationconcierges.com213-909-0084
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,Laura
  • If you are looking to a have a lunch or a dinner type of bridal shower that is prvt for you and your guests but not over the top expensive you have a few options,  there is dave and buster's in Arcadia and they are about 15-25 a person depending on what you choose. They have a prvt room for you and your guess and then you can play in the arcade and drink and there it is fun for everyone aside from just having the shower. If entertainment isn't a big deal to you there is the old spagetti factory in Duarte and they are 13-15 a person and they also have a prvt room for you and your guests. There are a few other banquet resturants in Pasadena that are low cost that have good food and prvt dining for you and bridal shower guests if you look on Yelp. :) Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards