Connecticut

Saltwater Farms Vineyard

I was just told about this place and was wondering if anyone knows any information before I email them.  Any ideas on price, capacity, etc?  If anyone has dealt with them, what did you think?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Saltwater Farms Vineyard

• 2bpescadita2bpescadita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never got a chance to look at it but I heard it was on the pricey side. It doesn't hurt to ask and get information. Aside from pricing, it's gotten alot of huge raves cause it's unique.

We decided to do ours at Priam Vineyards in Cochester, CT

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Very pretty place from the pictures I've seen. I love that its by the shore.
  • edited December 2011
    We wanted this venue so badly, but they were totally booked next summer for Saturdays. The site fee ranges from $5000 - $7500 and they have a list of caterers you choose from. We liked it because they have an indoor facility in case of inclement weather - with a cool terrace overlooking the vineyard.

They seem very friendly and accommodating - definitely contact them if it's in your price range!
  • edited December 2011

Oh you had asked about capacity - they stated they charge an extra fee for more then 150 guests, so it sounds like they can do a decent size wedding.

• edited December 2011

Saltwater was my number 1 pick until they told me it would be $8,000 for a Saturday wedding in 2012....  They are super nice and the facility is amazing! I didn't really like their wine but they also don't require you to use theirs. The fee includes the site, tables and chairs, bridal suite and some staff if I remember correctly.

Good luck!

• Jamie3753Jamie3753 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just recently booked my wedding at Saltwater.  For 2011, they charge $6000 for Friday or Sunday, and $7500 for Saturday, but they are completely booked for Saturdays through next summer and I think next fall too.  Their prices go down somewhat during the off-season (I think they decrease by $1000 for each day), but then you really won't be using the outdoor area, which in my opinion was the reason to get married at a vineyard.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_saltwater-farms-vineyard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:b21a8a41-c939-486f-bc86-c50753579ac7Post:dddb9128-961f-4312-b202-60b2c5dee8e3">Re: Saltwater Farms Vineyard</a>:
    [QUOTE]Saltwater was my number 1 pick until they told me it would be <strong>$8,000 for a Saturday wedding in 2012</strong>....  They are super nice and the facility is amazing! I didn't really like their wine but they also don't require you to use theirs. The fee includes the site, tables and chairs, bridal suite and some staff if I remember correctly. Good luck!
    Posted by jessalou513[/QUOTE]

Love the random price hike that some of these venues are trying to do!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the info!  Some friends want to do a wine tasting soon anyways, so I suppose we'll go here and I can see the venue first hand.  It was my mother who told me about the site after she went for one, she called me raving about how awesome it was.  Maybe she liked it enough to offer to pay Tongue out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sariesuesariesue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The inside of the building looks nice decorated and with tables. However empty it looks like an empty warehouse.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,
    I just looked into this place too. It seems like their pricing will be going up in 2012.

$7000-$8500 for weddings in-season.

I just scheduled a meeting with them for Thanksgiving Weekend, so I'll let you know how it goes!
    I've Got the Wedding Bell Blues
  • edited December 2011
    So I got a chance to check it out, the owners are very friendly people and they were both there. Even though it's a bit of a hidden gem (not advertised as an event space until a couple years ago) there were quite a few couples also looking at it for their wedding. The space is very modern (with a loft overlooking the main floor) but rustic as well with some beautiful stonework, a fireplace, and gorgeous wood beams.

The band is usually placed on a platform in front of the storage containers, which is kind of cool. Above the garage there's a private lounge area with a bathroom and beautiful view of the vineyard.

The only problem I can foresee is catering. There's not kitchen, but there's a garage where catering usually sets up. They would have to bring their own oven.

Beautiful venue if you can afford it, I do recommend it.
    I've Got the Wedding Bell Blues
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards