• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Wedding Stamps

My mom bought us stamps from Zazzle with a picture from our wedding.  Since the TY cards already went out, I'm not sure what to do with them.  Would it be weird to put them on Christmas cards?  It will be three months after the wedding has passed, so I don't know if that would be sort of strange.  Also, they are really big, so the recipients will definitely see them.  I would feel really bad if I didn't use them, though.  Thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Wedding Stamps

• I would use them for Christmas cards without a second thought. You are considered newlyweds for at least a year after the wedding I believe, so why not!
    On the same note, I was going to put a wedding photo in TY cards, but the cards are JJJUUUUUSSSSTTT shy of 6 inches, so a 4x6 wouldn't fit, so I am just gonna put wedding photos in Christmas cards instead. It also saves me from making H take another picture when I have to beg him to do it every year anyway. :)
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • Could you crop the 4x6 you were planning on using?  It's probably too late now, but in case you run into the same issue with the Christmas cards...
  • I have to admit, I also just feel sort of weird about having our wedding picture plastered on the outside of anything and sending it through the mail.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful, and I appreciate the thought, but I feel the same way about mailing postcards.  It just kind of weirds me out that anyone can read what I wrote, and that's sort of how I feel about anyone being able to see our wedding picture.  I know it's really silly, and I WILL use them, but I have to admit that my first thought when I opened the package was, "Oh, I wish she hadn't done that."
  • nah, I would have to crop SOOO many and honestly, I would guess that most people who would get a TY card wouldn't REALLY care for a pic, but I know most love the ones that we send in Christmas cards and put it somewhere up for the year.
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • I'd absolutely use them for Christmas cards.

I'm putting a "Just Married" sign in our Christmas card photo this year.
  • I would use them on Christmas cards, but then again I don't really mind anyone seeing a wedding pic. I can understand you not wanting that :(

What about just saving them with any other wedding items you're preserving. Might be a cool thing to have, or put in a scrapbook/album. Then you wouldn't feel like you're wasting them,really.

GL!
  • Oooh Lia I love the new pic!

I should really just get over it and use them.  I don't know why it bugs me, and I know that the stamps aren't cheap so I really feel like I should use them.  People did it for wedding invitations, and I even considered it, so why the heck is it bothering me now?
  • Thanks ;)

I know how you feel, everyone has their little thing that bothers them. You don't have to feel bad about it! Just slap them on and move along! :) I bet people will love seeing them.

That said, will this be your first time sending out a Christmas card? Who are you sending it to? It will be our first, and I always wonder, just family and close friends? Or is that even silly? We have some young single friends who would probably be like WTF! Hahaha
  • We've sent them out the past two years, because I bought a ton of cards that someoen's kid was selling.  I just send them to family, because I feel like our friends would laugh.
  • I would use them.  People will probably think it's cute.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • I would use them for Christmas cards definitely. Dont want them to go to waste!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards