Not Engaged Yet

fun with homonyms

So I've been reading stories (okay, fanfic) and have noticed people have a tough time with homonyms, sometimes with hilarious results. I've seen things like "something peaked her interest" or "for all intensive purposes."

But this? This had me laughing hysterically:

Police hunt for cereal killer dubbed "The Widow".

Cereal killer!

Re: fun with homonyms

• I dressed as a "cereal killer" for Halloween one time!  Empty box of raisin bran + glow-in-the-dark plastic knife = instant costume!  I got a bunch of laughs.

• When I first read the title of this thread I read it as honeymoons. I have the need for a vacation on the brain apparently. lol
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fun-homonyms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c9d306d-e7e6-456d-8d15-b83796eee551Post:21623c68-7d50-4af6-a4d0-4a6e52ec6f56">Re: fun with homonyms</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I first read the title of this thread I read it as honeymoons. I have the need for a vacation on the brain apparently. lol
    Posted by deburnin[/QUOTE]

<div>Don't feel bad, I did, too, for a second. XD I love homonyms.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, it drives me crazy when people say "intensive purposes". XD I'm like NO UR DOING IT RONG!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards