Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First dance song opinions

My fiance would like our first dance to be to "Patience" by Guns and Roses/Velvet Revolver. We both like the song and it kinda is one of our songs and patience plays a big part in our relationship but Im not sure if its a good first dance song. He mentioned it to one of his sisters and she didnt think so. So Im just wondering what everyone else thinks. I really like "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" sung by Leona Lewis but it wouldnt have any meaning to us.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First dance song opinions

• edited December 2011
    Personally I dont think GNR is a good first dance band... I love the music. Its what I grew up on. But not first dance material.

Keeping in mind that this is coming from someone who is considering Kryptonite by 3 doors down for a first dance. LOL Only because it was our first dance on our first date...

You do what is right for you and your future husband. Cant always worry about everyone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Trixie_LaRueTrixie_LaRue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that this is a great song. I have always loved it. Who cares what other people think, it's a day for you and your husband. If the goal on your wedding day was to please everyone else you would not enjoy it. You said it yourself, if you pick the second song it will not hold any meaning for you guys so what's the point.
  • edited December 2011

We are dancing to "Origin of Love" from Hedwig. I love this song, and it is a very unusual choice.
    Chose whatever song you want, It's your dance!

• edited December 2011
    This is YOUR wedding. If you and your man love the song, then you'll be happy dancing to it...I say you should do what you two want!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_first-dance-song-opinions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:cba64f07-8089-4b85-ae17-b16cfd5f0a3ePost:f850cfac-a3ef-4782-83b4-b22741922629">Re: First dance song opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are dancing to "Origin of Love" from Hedwig. I love this song, and it is a very unusual choice. Chose whatever song you want, It's your dance!
    Posted by elahenara[/QUOTE]

That is a great song!

I personally adore GNR and that's one of my favorite songs of theirs. But this is a girl who would do Closer as a first dance song if I thought I could get away with it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards