Not Engaged Yet
Options

Another day, another Facebook friend engaged...

Seriously, this is getting old! lol. I've had at least 3 people I know a month get engaged this summer. I guess everyone is just feeling the love? I know that right now is not the best time for BF and I to get engaged, and I'm over it, but everytime I see someone's status change, my heart drops a little!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Another day, another Facebook friend engaged...

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I know 7 people engaged right now, and that doesn't include FB friends from hs or college that I don't really talk to anymore. If I included them it would be over 10 people. The engagements are running rampant!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't even count the number of people we know total who are recently engaged!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it's not the best time to get engaged, it's not the best time to get engaged.  FFS, it's not a race.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_another-day-another-facebook-friend-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:92ebb66c-acc7-4040-8fd0-a54b11f4d180Post:b86852b0-4126-4988-a62b-c39e74917229">Re: Another day, another Facebook friend engaged...</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it's not the best time to get engaged, it's not the best time to get engaged.  FFS, it's not a race.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

I am aware it's not a race, and I am also aware of the fact that if it's not the time, it's just not. All I was saying was it seems to be an epidemic right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_another-day-another-facebook-friend-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:92ebb66c-acc7-4040-8fd0-a54b11f4d180Post:60e11829-bc06-451f-93f4-40059000a75d">Re: Another day, another Facebook friend engaged...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know 7 people engaged right now, and that doesn't include FB friends from hs or college that I don't really talk to anymore. If I included them it would be over 10 people. The engagements are running rampant!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Agreed rdr. In just my family alone, my cousin (we grew up more like sisters) and my only brother are both engaged. Then you start adding in my close friends and facebook people and you're easily in the double digits.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It didn't sound to me like you were racing to get engaged. You know that it's not the right time for you, which is huge. The status changes are just a reminder of what you're not ready for right now.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know the feeling it seems like a lot of people I know are getting engaged.  At least you recognize it's not  a good time for you guys and it will happen someday when the time is right!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_another-day-another-facebook-friend-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:92ebb66c-acc7-4040-8fd0-a54b11f4d180Post:64c11c73-3e6e-44a5-a9f5-2297f0446045">Re: Another day, another Facebook friend engaged...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It didn't sound to me like you were racing to get engaged. You know that it's not the right time for you, which is huge. The status changes are just a reminder of what you're not ready for right now.
    Posted by Ollie08[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's what I was trying to get at.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually surprised that I don't know anyone else that's engaged right now.  LOL.

But hey, look at it this way, at least you will have lots of fun weddings to attend soon :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I've lost count of the people I know who are engaged. I just went to a wedding on Saturday, my good friend from high school got married yesterday, and BF's friend from high school just proposed to his girlfriend on Sunday (I think, it could've been Monday). Sometimes I feel small pangs of jealousy but I'm truly happy for everyone who is at their point in their lives. BF and I aren't but when it's our time I expect all of them to be every bit as happy for us as we are for them.

But it doesn't sound like you really need advice, just keep reminding yourself that when you do get engaged you will be glad you did it in your own time.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the minority on my Facebook feed! Only my cousin and a close friend are engaged right now, plus me. I'm low-key about it, as is my cousin. But my friend is...well, not being a bridezilla, but she's constantly flooding my feed with pictures of hairstyles and wedding dresses and talking about wedding music. It's driving me a little nuts - they haven't even set a date yet.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with you there buggle2. My B/F and I haven't gotten engaged yet (i've been waiting since we went engagement ring shopping in February so he could get an idea on what i like) and I'm just sitting here waiting (TRYING to be patient) and waiting and waiting and meanwhile all these girls around me are getting engaged and married and having more children. Ugh It SUCKS. I have green eyes and they're flaring up massively right now and I HATE feeling that way because don't get me wrong I love my life, but I'm READY for marriage and more children (as is my b/f) but the finances are what always gets in the way for us right now so we're forced into this waiting game (and no my ring isn't causing a problem with that, that's WELL within budget since I opted for a Moissanite ring rather than an expensive blood diamond). I'm happy for everyone but jeez when's gonna be my turn? These people are all YOUNGER than me too which is the REALLY frustrating part!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards