Nevada-Las Vegas

Suggestions for food/timeline of events, etc.

Myself and my fiancee are getting married July 11, 2012 at the Juno Gardens (hopefully they are ready by then!), Caesar's Palace. Our ceremony is at 11am and we have 30 guests attending. We have John Morris booked for 3 hours of photography after our ceremony, as we will be using the photographer included in our Caesar's package for the ceremony. We will be having an at home reception when we come back to Canada to help celebrate our marriage with our friends and family who cannot attend our ceremony in Vegas. I'm looking for suggestions for supper for all of us (I don't want anything that has a reception type feel to it as we will be doing this when we come back to Canada), as well as some opinions on timing for events. We will be having our ceremony at 11 and will be having 3 hours of photography after we are finished at the gardens. After our 3 hours of photography, myself and my fiancee, as well as our best man and maid of honor (we are only having 1 stand on each side) want to change out of our wedding attire before going to supper (us and our bridal party are staying at Caesars). We also are looking to book the DDB for after supper for 2 hours for us and our guests to enjoy. During the 3+ hours we are with our photographer and changing, our guests plan on doing their own thing and meeting up with us for supper. I know this is kind of different as to what most of you have planned, but we don't want to have a full blown reception in Vegas and then have a reception-type event when we return as well. Any suggestions/thoughts as to places for supper and a timeline of events (such as time to meet for supper and time to book the DDB)? I feel as though we might be too rushed for things and I'm starting to panic! For supper we don't want anything super expensive..

Re: Suggestions for food/timeline of events, etc.

• Why not have a lunch with your guests following your ceremony then do the photo tour after?  I'm just thinking that as a guest I would be annoyed to get all dressed up for the wedding then have to wait several hours for dinner, and find something to do in the mean time.

Also lunch is usually much cheaper.  Our timeline was get ready, eat brunch/lunch, photo tour for bridal party, group and family pictures, immediately followed by ceremony and dinner.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • stephanie8682stephanie8682 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_suggestions-for-foodtimeline-of-events-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:cced6cd7-26c5-4349-9bcf-fe937a9a15f7Post:727fb7c1-2c98-4c43-94a1-5e958d782949">Re: Suggestions for food/timeline of events, etc.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why not have a lunch with your guests following your ceremony then do the photo tour after?  I'm just thinking that as a guest I would be annoyed to get all dressed up for the wedding then have to wait several hours for dinner, and find something to do in the mean time. Also lunch is usually much cheaper.  Our timeline was get ready, eat brunch/lunch, photo tour for bridal party, group and family pictures, immediately followed by ceremony and dinner.
    Posted by amber0389[/QUOTE]

We had originally wanted to do it that way, however in talking with our guests who are attending, everyone would have rathered to do supper and then the DDB immediately following supper. I had thought the same as you about having to wait around, however it's the first time 28/30 of our guests have been in Vegas and they have all said they wouldn't mind waiting around and sightseeing a bit before supper.
  • I'm getting married the same day!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • I have to somewhat agree with Amber. I would not have the guests get ready in the morning and wait until later in the day for the festivities. Plus, by 11am it will be very warm and people may not want to change back out of their clothes and change back in for the party... Just my thoughts. I realize everyone's plans are different and respect your ideas, but a lot of my planning has come from the mindset of what a guest would think. Hope this helps! Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also, not sure if this is possible, but you could move your time to a bit later so you would be able to head to dinner after the wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had planned on a very informal supper.. Our guests are not dressing up too much for our ceremony either (ladies are wearing light sundresses, etc.). Supper is pretty much just something for everyone to get together for; same with the DDB. Both myself and my FI will be changing before supper as well into much lighter and casual clothing.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_suggestions-for-foodtimeline-of-events-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:cced6cd7-26c5-4349-9bcf-fe937a9a15f7Post:b2981107-807a-4104-b647-9f1ce096a80d">Re: Suggestions for food/timeline of events, etc.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had planned on a very informal supper.. Our guests are not dressing up too much for our ceremony either (ladies are wearing light sundresses, etc.). Supper is pretty much just something for everyone to get together for; same with the DDB. Both myself and my FI will be changing before supper as well into much lighter and casual clothing.
    Posted by stephanie8682[/QUOTE]

Just because your dinner / ceremony is informal doesn't mean some guests won't dress up.  I mean we had a super informal wedding at a small chapel with Elivs, and dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, in the general dining area.  I really don't think it can get less formal than that.  Anyways our guests still dressed up..  I guess what I'm saying is that you really don't know how people are going to dress but I just come from the mind frame of your DW is also their vacation.  And I really wouldn't want to feel like I wasted an entire day waiting for dinner in between reception... But again that is just my opinion.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited May 2012
    Why not incorporate the 3 hours photography into time with your guests?  Maybe you can cut your changing/photog time alone down to 1-1.5 hours then spend the other 1.5-2 hours with your guests on the bus? 

Our guests went on the DDB without us between our ceremony and dinner... I wish we'd gone, but I'm glad we kept them occupied since they stayed all over the strip.  It would have been inconvenient to go back to their hotel rooms for 10-20 minutes.

Or possibly make everything but dinner optional - then if people can't make it, they can just meet you for supper.  You could probably do a buffet for a good price.  I highly recommend Wicked Spoon in Cosmpolitan.

JMO... :)
  • I am getting married at 2:30 and have the venue booked for an hour. Directly after the ceremony I am doing a 2hr strip tour with Todd which should take us to about 5:30. I have a reservation at a Buffet booked for 6pm and then we are doing cake/drinks in a suite after!Hope this helps!! :)
    Where I'm from ceremony's are always in the afternoon and there's usually a 3-4hr wait time between that and the ceremony so I don't see an issue making your guests wait 3hrs! They can go for some drinks or gamble or whatever!
    Fellow Canadian here! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_suggestions-for-foodtimeline-of-events-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:cced6cd7-26c5-4349-9bcf-fe937a9a15f7Post:3f0e3104-aaa7-4d29-92f1-c78007cb18ac">Re: Suggestions for food/timeline of events, etc.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married at 2:30 and have the venue booked for an hour. Directly after the ceremony I am doing a 2hr strip tour with Todd which should take us to about 5:30. I have a reservation at a Buffet booked for 6pm and then we are doing cake/drinks in a suite after!Hope this helps!! :) Where I'm from ceremony's are always in the afternoon and there's usually a 3-4hr wait time between that and the ceremony so I don't see an issue making your guests wait 3hrs! They can go for some drinks or gamble or whatever! Fellow Canadian here! :)
    Posted by Daizey101[/QUOTE]

Same here! Usually ceremony's are mid-afternoon here and the reception/supper does not start until later in the eveing (usually around 7). We have all family and close friends attending the wedding and they have all been involved in the planning process in terms of us trying to get a feel for what people are interested in or not, as while it may be "our" day, we still want to make it a great day for everyone! Everyone has already said they would much prefer to do the supper option rather than a late lunch and have the DDB booked following supper. Which buffet are you having your supper at?
  • I am doing everything at The Mirage! The buffet there is called Cravings.  From all my research I liked the Mandalay Buffet the best because they include beer/wine with the buffet price but I didn't want to stay at the end of the strip so we went with The Mirage instead! :)Where in Canada are you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am doing everything at The Mirage! The buffet there is called Cravings.  From all my research I liked the Mandalay Buffet the best because they include beer/wine with the buffet price but I didn't want to stay at the end of the strip so we went with The Mirage instead! :)Where in Canada are you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_suggestions-for-foodtimeline-of-events-etc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:cced6cd7-26c5-4349-9bcf-fe937a9a15f7Post:de344104-96a6-4883-b678-f564267a0a3c">Re: Suggestions for food/timeline of events, etc.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing everything at The Mirage! The buffet there is called Cravings.  From all my research I liked the Mandalay Buffet the best because they include beer/wine with the buffet price but I didn't want to stay at the end of the strip so we went with The Mirage instead! :)Where in Canada are you?
    Posted by Daizey101[/QUOTE]

I'm in Newfoundland! Where are you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards