Florida-South Florida

Engagement Party

Hi All!

Sorry I've been MIA been working like crazy, anywho.

My mom wants to throw us an engagement party, now I have read on here that who ever you invite to the engagement party has to be invited to the wedding, which makes sense, though I don't think I wanna have all 125 ppl at an engagement party, I would like to keep it inimate, though I would like to invite our wedding party, but don't want to have other guest feel " left out" that they were not invited and if I do invite the WP, most of the WP are in relationships so I would have to invite them. my mom wants me to give her alist.

Advice??

Re: Engagement Party

• You do need to invite the wedding guests. It's like a bridal shower, which you'll have those same 60ish women come. If you think its too much, you can always opt out of having an engagement party.
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • I agree with Priscilla, you don't need to invite your wedding guests. I opted out of an engagement party because my grandma's health wasn't the best at the time. However, if I would have had one then I would have invited close family and friends (it would had included our wedding party).

It really depends on what you and your FI want and who you both want to invite. Go with something you are both comfortable with and invite those who you want to share that occassion with.
  • Anyone invited to pre-wedding functions needs to be invited to the wedding.  However, you do not need to invite the entire wedding guest list to your pre-wedding functions.

Hope that helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think if you invited immediate family and the bridal party and bridal party's significant others, you could draw the line and not include anyone else, especially since your mom is making the party. It's when you start including some other wedding guests but not including others that it gets sticky. With bridal showers, lots of people have several...one by MOB and/or MOG for their friends, one by your friends, one by coworkers, etc., but usually it's one engagement party and 125 people is a lot to invite to one!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_engagement-party-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:43861815-9c1d-4909-b0d7-341cc45523a3Post:b8781388-2c0b-4935-b538-e2339c72586d">Re: Engagement Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone invited to pre-wedding functions needs to be invited to the wedding.  However, you do not need to invite the entire wedding guest list to your pre-wedding functions. Hope that helps.
    Posted by kdjj[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I think you can keep it initimate with WP and significant others, and immediate family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks ladies. I spoke with my mom and I'm just going to have my parents, in laws, grandparents, my stepbrother, sister in law, niece, and my two aunts and his one aunt who lives down here. we have extended family that live out of town that would probably not be able to attend, so we are just keeping it small no WP or close friends, just family.
  • We had about 50 people at our engagement party and it came out great. At the time, my mil had owned a banquet hall, so the venue was free and she prepared, along with my bridesmaids, and I felt bad, so I helped too..we did a simple cheese and wine party. Got different types of wines, cubes of cheese and crusty breads and crackers. We had a DJ since my mil had a contact and it lasted about 3 hours or so. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Enjoy every moment, bc it sure does go by really fast!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had the same issue with my engagement party not knowing who to invite. I ended up inviting immediate family and close friends and it came out good. I would suggest a cocktail atmosphere vs a sit down so everyone can interact. Good luck and have fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards