Georgia-Savannah

Group friendly restaurants for reception for 60???

I've had to scratch the original plan for our ceremony and "reception". I'm now looking for restaurants in the historic district that are group friendly (budget friendly would be a plus, too).  The plan is to have dinner in the restaurant and go out on the town after, so no DJ or anything is needed...just room for my approximately 60 guests and a table for the cake. 

Any ideas anyone?  Has anyone had a reception at Skyler's?  I just spoke with Charles and they seem super reasonable.  I'm open to buffet or plated, upscale or slightly less formal.

I've already checked with Vic's and The Lady and Sons which are booked.  The Pink House hasn't gotten back to me.

10 Downing at Churchill's is beautiful, but between the room rental and menu prices is a little steep for me, and not sure what I think about their "underground" room.

All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks ladies!!

Re: Group friendly restaurants for reception for 60???

• Many places in Savannah are "underground".  It's just the way the city was built.  You aren't in a dungeon.  Those buildings were all mostly merchant warehouses when they were built.  Churchill's is a great place and they have great service for events.  

I love Skylers.  They've always been one of my favorite places for lunch.  A buffet or serving stations there would be great.  
    I would also recommend the Pirate's house, 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try Ms.Wilkes! Great food and they are wonderful to work with. Of course the Pink House is amazing and a romantic atmosphere (we are getting married there in Dec)
  • Skylers is very nice. You can try giribaldis. Please check spellling, lol
  • Pink house is by far my all time favorite, I have attended many weddings there and there staff is AMAZING!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards