Wedding Invitations & Paper

Directions card question

We are getting married in out Church and having the reception 5 minutes down the road. I got the direction cards from the venue and thought we were good to go untl I realized directions are geared towards guests coming from out of town, not Church and it would be impossible to find venue if going by their directions, plus the address is not very GPS-friendly. Should I make up cards from Church to venue? Do I include both so that if people skip Church, they can use the direction cards provided by venue?

Thanks!
~ES~

Re: Directions card question

• I would make new ones
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would make new ones. If you have a lot of out of town guests, it is deifnitely important to include a map that shows the ceremony site and venue of reception. I did a quick trace of a map that included these areas and then sized it down on a printer and it looks really good.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're providing transportation via a shuttle for the out of town guests staying at the hotel. I'm sure most in town know their way around, but...
    ~ES~
  • "Should I make up cards from Church to venue? Do I include both so that if people skip Church, they can use the direction cards provided by venue?"

I'd be kind of pissed if peope skipped the church!  I am not including directions as an enclosure b/c everyone pretty much knows where the church is and it's easy to get to w/ GPS, but more importantly, I'm having my invites ordered and printing up all these inserts is going to be very expensive.

So I am going to print up nice directions from the church to the reception site myself and have them in a basket at the back of the church.
  • It would be okay to use one. Just make sure it covers both the church and the venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards