Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father/Daughter Dance Adaptation

I am working on my wedding timeline and wanted everyone's thoughts on a Brother/Sister dance.  My father and I are estranged (albeit he is still married to my mom) and I don't think he will be in attendance at my wedding.  My two younger brothers (21 & 24) will be giving me away.  Would it be appropriate to do a dance with one of them in lieu of a Father/Daughter dance?  Or would that be awkward?  
posted by lauren smith Wedding Countdown Ticker photo 59ec4241-8c45-43c3-9a92-a129194c5c78_zps92f04229.jpg

Re: Father/Daughter Dance Adaptation

• I think it would be lovely to dance with one of your brothers.  Or both of them - have one of them "cut in" after a minute or so.  There are lots of good brother/sister songs out there like "Stand By Me", "You've Got a Friend in Me", "You've Got a Friend", etc.

My 2 younger brothers walked me down the aisle also.  It was a great moment.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Thank you! I love the idea of one of them cutting in. I am looking forward to them walking me down the aisle.
    posted by lauren smith Wedding Countdown Ticker photo 59ec4241-8c45-43c3-9a92-a129194c5c78_zps92f04229.jpg
  • I think it's great!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards