Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NYE/ Weekend Plans

Since most people will not be on tomorrow (I'll be here), what are everyone's plans for NYE and this weekend?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NYE/ Weekend Plans

• edited December 2011

heading to OC NJ tomorrow night.  We are doing a meixcan buffet for dinner and order mack n mancos for a late night drunk snack =)   probably heading to the beach at midnight if its not too crowded.  last year we lost track of time and only made it to the deck. =) 

October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    H has work all day tomorrow :(

I'll be cooking, cleaning, getting lunch with B2B during the day.  Cooking a nice din din for H.  Clean up, then head down to dirty jerz.  Bringing in the new year with friends.

Possibly meeting brother's new gf on Saturday.  Hopefully I don't intimidate the crap out of her.  She's 23, 5'2" and "shy"... lol  I'll try to be extra super nice Tongue out
  • edited December 2011
    mh- just give her lots of booze, im sure she wont be shy anymore Innocent
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be around tomorrow morning.  I am on the day shift tomorrow.  BOOYAH.

Friday- When I get home tomrrow, I think JEGs and I are going to buy new cellphones.  We figured out if we get the family plan, with unlimited texting AND two data plans, it's cheaper then what we are both paying seperately now.  Hellooo Samsung Focus.  You will be mine. 

Then we are headed out to Lancaster for New Years with our two friends. 

Saturday-  recovering.  and cleaning

Sunday- I am hosting a New Years lunch at the apartment.  It's always fun to squeeze 11 adults and 4 kids into this place.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    DH and I are both off tomorrow. We're headed to OCNJ (I am refraining from calling it the shore for you, MH) tomorrow morning... Then pre-gaming at his parents' place nefore getting all decked out and heading to the Trop via limo bus with a bunch of our friends. This is the 2nd year we're doing this and I think it will be even better this time around. Pretty psyched :)

Saturday and Sunday, we don't have much planned. Probably a lot of recovering.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nye-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d4aaa858-8e54-489d-a7f9-e047c084db1ePost:56517e40-e72a-43a4-b894-63976c04f59b">Re: NYE/ Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and I are both off tomorrow. We're headed to OCNJ (<strong>I am refraining from calling it the shore for you, MH</strong>) tomorrow morning...
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated :)
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nye-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d4aaa858-8e54-489d-a7f9-e047c084db1ePost:56517e40-e72a-43a4-b894-63976c04f59b">Re: NYE/ Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're headed to OCNJ (I am refraining from calling it the shore for you, MH) tomorrow morning[/QUOTE]

I'm not originally from here so I don't call it the shore, but I was wondering... do you guys just call the Jersey beaches the shore, or is every beach a shore?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    NY and PA people call Jersey beaches "the shore".  I don't know why.  LOL
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to AC for NYE but sleeping in OC.

Sat and Sun I hope to get cleaning and shopping done.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nye-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d4aaa858-8e54-489d-a7f9-e047c084db1ePost:73dd7234-79ef-404d-842c-e1cc6e382368">Re: NYE/ Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to AC for NYE but sleeping in OC. Sat and Sun I hope to get cleaning and shopping done.
    Posted by Northstar1808[/QUOTE]

Northstar - Where you headed in AC?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nye-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d4aaa858-8e54-489d-a7f9-e047c084db1ePost:66b87ccf-e431-441c-97b1-b33261fb9708">Re: NYE/ Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYE/ Weekend Plans : I'm not originally from here so I don't call it the shore, but I was wondering... do you guys just call the Jersey beaches the shore, or is every beach a shore?
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

I was always raised that NJ had the 'shore' and DE & MD and pretty much everywhere else was the beach. (Hence, Jersey<strong> shore</strong> & Rehoboth <strong>Beach</strong>)

Don't ask me why; it's probably why I pronounce 'water' differently, as well as say 'pocketbook', 'hassak' and 'that's a sin'. Product of my surroundings.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    paprika-  wudder?
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes!!! FI teases me on a weekly basis. Apparently, there's no 'u' in water.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going out to dinner tomorrow night (somewhere "nice," per DH, but I don't think he's made resos yet). Then we're heading over to his friends' house to hang out and watch the ball drop. Most of his friends had kids this past year, so it's going to be pretty low key!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I are headed to Long Island tomorrow to go bar hopping with some friends.  I hope traffic isn't too terrible!  We'll head home early Saturday.

Saturday- a whole lot of nothing, may start taking Christmas decorations and tree down.

Sunday- brunch with FI's family.

I'm probably the 437425 person to ask this, but how do you get a signature picture?? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    madam - I think we're going to the Trop. What about you?

ETA: I'll be game to hang out before 3PM. DH and I wanna get back home early on Sat. anyways.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nye-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d4aaa858-8e54-489d-a7f9-e047c084db1ePost:66b87ccf-e431-441c-97b1-b33261fb9708">Re: NYE/ Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NYE/ Weekend Plans : I'm not originally from here so I don't call it the shore, but I was wondering... do you guys just call the Jersey beaches the shore, or is every beach a shore?
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

For me, it's always been that the entire area is the shore and that applies to NJ, DE, and MD.  Once I'm down the shore, if I want to go hang out on the sand, then I'm going to the beach.

• edited December 2011
    northstar & madam- are you boardwalk area or the higher numbers?  i'll be on 3rd st.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Early dinner tomorrow with DH and friend. Then to a house party to ring in the new year.

Saturday is the true New Year celebration. My husband and father will be wearing makeup sequence and feathers and there is not a thing wrong with it ;)

Sunday - hope to be celebrating a 1st prize victory. fingers crossed.

paprika - I say wooder

MH - because it is the sea shore silly ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Jamming as much wedding and visiting as we can into 2.5 days, plus at least one more visit to KOP, then a flight to London Sat night.  Sunday walk around in a daze due to jet lag.
  • edited December 2011

Hopefully Gzilla won't be working tomorrow... it depends on how today goes.  But we'll be cleaning up the house from the Christmas explosion.  We're having dinner at PF Changs (woo!!!) with his parents, and then we're going to the movies.  Either Black Swan or The King's Speech.  Has anyone seen any of these?

And Saturday I'm TRYING to see my MOH before she moves to DC... and she moves on Sunday, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.  :(

Sunday... I'll be working!

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011

I'll be working tomorrow and then we are driving up to Wilkes-Barre to visit my FI's family.  We are going to his friends NYE.

Saturday we are going over both of his grandmother's houses.  Apparently his one grandmother insists that you wear something new on new years.  I guess I'll have to save a new sweater until then.

I'd like to come back down here Saturday, but I doubt that will happen.  The past two weekends we have been OOT. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jackie - IL's place is on 7th
  • edited December 2011
    We are both off tomorrow so we will be cleaning and taking down our Christmas decorations.. tomorrow night off to our friends' house party which will be perfect, no crowded and crazy bars for this girl! I am so over that! Saturday, I believe it will be a recovery day.... maybe visiting some friends and exchanging some christmas gifts.. Sunday my DH will be watching the Eagles and the Cowboys and I work at night..
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm off work tomorrow, yay!  Getting a new windshield and heater control knob for my car in the morning.

NYE-going to Red Lobster and then to AC to see B.B. King at Harrah's (yes, I won the tix).

NYD- going to a surprise brunch party that my SIL is throwing for my brother at my parents' house to celebrate his retirement from the Navy.

Sunday-relaxing/chores.
    edited December 2011
    jackie and madam - I'm on 12th and asbury.
  • edited December 2011
    Our good friends are having a little shindig.  We are going over there with a bunch of other couples/people, and are planning on playing board games.  Which fits in well with DH's new gift, Cranium (I have played it with adults when liquor was involved, and it's a hoot).

It's the DE beaches, the Jersey Shore.

RA, I heard Black Swan was weird, but good.  The King's Speech is supposed to be rockin' awesome.
  • edited December 2011
     In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nye-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d4aaa858-8e54-489d-a7f9-e047c084db1ePost:1a417519-b4bd-467c-868c-3a8beb431fa2">Re: NYE/ Weekend Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]paprika-  wudder?
    Posted by jackiebean26[/QUOTE]I say wooder. lol

and I am going to the bar near my house, my friends FI is in a band and they are playing there. So happy it is close. And they can come crash at my house if they get too loaded.
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are both off tomorrow (yay sleeping in!)  Then we're spending new years with my sister, brother in law and his 2 brothers and their wives. We're going to Tapas in West Chester for dinner and then either a local bar (my sister and bro both went to west chester) or going back to their house for drinks/rockband/beer pong haha

We've done New years with the big sister for the last 4 years and its always a good time so I'm excited
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Finally getting around to this thread - DH and I have been doing a NYE party at our house for about 6 or 7 years running.  We start with a swanky no-holds barred dinner at Nectar in Berwyn, and then everyone comes back to our place and chills.  Most people stay over, which is nice because this year we actually have room for everyone to sleep in the new house.  We finish the event with a pancake breakfast the following morning to sop up all the alochol we drank the night before.

My fridge may or not may not be currently packed with Victory and Long Trail beer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards