Texas-Houston

Wedding Pics and a Couple of vendor reviews!

Hey guys!

So it's been just over a week since my wedding. I've been very busy, but blissfully happy with my newly married status. We've put off the Honeymoon for a few months due to a recent emergency move..but we love our new home and love being able to plan out something extra special for our Honeymoon.

So first for the pictures, I used Shutterfly to post them....from various different people of all skill levels. I have engagement/ getting ready. actual wedding and reception pics to share..these aren't all of them. I'm still waiting for more. I am upset with myself...due to being an hour and a half late (grr) I didn't get any pics posing with my bridesmaids and so far I'm not seeing much with my dad....which sucks because he's been so sick..I really hope that I get one or two at least in with these other sets of photos coming my way. Anyway, enough rambling:
http://kandecampbell.shutterfly.com/

Now for reviews, I didn't use many vendors because I did most of the wedding myself with the help of my fiance...lots of DIY projects involved. I did have a make up artist who we had won in a contest, but I don't know who it was..my sister had won the contest through David's Bridal...anyway, they never showed up..it was fine. However, my friend did my make up and I did my own hair..which promptly fell by the time I got to the ceremony(super late because my nephew had managed to get stuck in a bathroom..it was amazing) So my bad hair was a result of frantically trying to bust down a door in my wedding get up..haha

My officiant was Reverend Joie Chandler with Xitlallii Unions. http://xitlalliunions.webs.com/
  Joie was AMAZING. we love her so much. She took the time to really get to know us as a couple. To get to know our families. She wrote our ceremony from scratch and they were beautiful, touching, humorous. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. She was so ready to just dive in and help with anything..totally supportive and understanding, completely unique.....we've found a friend for life in her, honestly.

Our harpist Sara Shute: http://www.essentialharp.com/
  Sara was incredible. Very talented, so sweet and accomodating.Very professional. My husband would send her links to several songs and she'd learn them within the hour. She was great with communication and very helpful. Her prices were very reasonable and she even through in a free cocktail hour because when we went to watch her play in person she was going to the Bridal Extravaganza that weekend where she planned to offer a free cocktail hour for anyone who signed up for her services at the convention...so that was a cool bonus. We adore her and are currently trying to find excuses to hire her again!

Romano's Macaroni Grillin the Woodlands: We had a small wedding...under 50 people total, including vendors which we forced to eat with us...Mac Grill is one of our favorite places to go, and they have this really nice private dining room with a fireplace that we had noticed on one of our first dates. So we chose Macaroni Grill. The food was awesome.We spent under $1200 and that included some people having wine or beer with dinner. The service itself was okay, one guy was very good..the girl seemed like she'd rather be somewhere else. I was a little dissapointed they didn't do my table set up the way I had asked...because I had made special table set ups for the kids and for the teenagers we had there..but that was ok. And there did seem to be a little disorganization when it came to having the came. In fairness due to my lateness to the wedding....we were very late to the reception. The management was great though, very helpful. Everyone went away full and happy.

My cake was a gift from my friend who works as a manager at the HEB bakery in the Woodlands. It was absolutely delicious, I was pleasantly surprised. The cake was moist, the buttercream icing was smooth..and to die for. So good. Best free cake ever :P

Oh and St. Peter's Gate Park...We rented the park through http://www.thewoodlandsassociations.org/site/parks-rec/
It cost all of $25 for us and the man who handled that particular park threw in the rehearsal day for free. Very beautiful spot, and very bargain friendly if you're looking for a small wedding local for cheap. The people at the Parks and Recreation department were all very friendly and helpful and very responsive to any and all questions in a timely manner.

Anyway, so thats it. My photographers were various people in various stages of photography skill level. Our actual photographer was a student who we're friends with and wanted to build her portfolio, and she did pretty good. I thought the engage,ent photos turned out better, but I think there were too many photographers at the wedding making her job a bit hard, especially given we were in a small place.

Re: Wedding Pics and a Couple of vendor reviews!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards