Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony & Reception: Same Place

My fiance and I booked a large hall that holds 200 people and we are only inviting around 150 so we have plenty of room.  We are doing both the ceremony and reception in one place.  The hall only has one large room so we are concerned about how to transition from the ceremony to the reception.  In the back of the hall is the kitchen so we are going to set up food right in front of the kitchen.  We were thinking of walking outside and forming the receiving line then having everyone greet us and go outside for a breather then we can walk through them with the bubbles and then they can go inside and start eating and we can do our pictures outside then come back in.  Is this silly or does anyone have any better ideas?????

Re: Ceremony & Reception: Same Place

• I'm doing this and explained how I'm handling the transition in another post that is a few post before yours...this is the link to that discussion:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_guests-tables-during-ceremony

In short....After the ceremony we'll walk back down the aisle and stop at the end of the room to do a receiving line inside (opposite the ceremony site & by the food tables), then once the guests are through the line, we will sneak outside to do pics and they can start eating/mingling. Then we can be announced back in the room and will immediately do our first dance (we're doing our own music, so it will be easier this way). We will use the ceremony site for the dance floor. At the end of the reception, bubbles will be passed out so they can be used for the send-off.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • *sigh*  I need to just macro this rather than typing it over and over again...

Our ceremony and reception are both in the same large hotel suite.  Here's our timeline:

7:30pm: Reception starts
    7:45ish: Recessional into the hallway.  Formal family shots in hall, guests will come out as needed, otherwise hang out in cocktail "hour"
    8:10ish: Photographer goes back into room, B&G take a breather
    8:15ish: B&G return to room to be announced and begin reception.

We're not bothering with a receiving line, though, since we only have about 40 guests.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I'm doing this as well, but the cermony is outside and reception inside. But a few ideas are at my sisters wedding she just had the guest sit at the tables where they were eating and made an isle through the tables, then did recieving line and served drinks during pictures. This was a smaller wedding though so this worked well.

I had a friend that had a break for like 3 hours while we took pictures and did the bar crawl. And then some of her family rearranged the room to tables and prepared the food. This may be annoying to the guest though especially since most her guest were out of town.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards