Massachusetts-Boston

**luv2teech7**

Not sure if you've stopped looking at your original post, but I wanted to give some advice on dress shopping. First and foremost, please don't go to David's in Dedham. I had two horrendous experiences there. The David's in Natick has been my home-base and the ladies there are great. Just recently I went back to Natick, freaking out about if I needed straps on my dress....the very nice ladies (of all shapes and sizes) calmed me down, showed me some options and I just really can't say enough about them. 

I went to VOWS - they do carry some dresses in larger sizes. I'm a street size 18 and I was able to fit into some dresses. They definitely don't have a ton. 

I would also recommend Chryssie's in Canton, MA. I was really impressed with the wonderful, wonderful, wonderful women who work there. They have quite a bit of size selection and always made me feel beautiful in their dresses. If I hadn't already fallen for a dress at David's, I would have bought my dress here. 

Good luck! It's so difficult when the dresses don't actually fit. I think you also got a ton of great suggestions for places I was going to suggest from other brides. 

Hugs!
Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!

Re: **luv2teech7**

• plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    p.s. I did not use David's Bridal seamstresses/alterations. I had another lady who has done beautiful work on my dress and made me feel really comfortable. PM me if you want her number.
  • luv2teech7luv2teech7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for getting back in touch. I don't know how to "follow" this thread. On other bulletin boards I'm on, it's easy to get notified when people respond to your posts. I haven't figured that out for here.  

A friend of mine bought her dress in TX years ago and had it altered at Chryssie's in Canton.  I've made an appointment in Dedham to just check things out with 2 of my friends.  I'm also going to head to the place in RI that carries only plus sizes as they're having a sample sale at the end of June.  I've found that the styles I really like best are from the Mori Lee/ Julietta line.  They just seem to have more of the styles that appeal to my insecurities. 

Thanks so much.  I'm headed to Aruba to get some time out of here and will start looking by the end of the summer in earnest.  :) 
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck my dear! You will find something that you feel beautiful in - if I can, you definitely will! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards