Connecticut

Engagement photos: Milford beaches

So FI and I really wanted to do our engagement photos at Paradise Hills Vineyard but unfortunately on our scheduled date the vineyard is not open to the public and neither owner is available to be on site so that location is out.  So we decided instead we wanted beach photos, especially since FI proposed at a beach in San Diego so the atmosphere holds meaning.  Our photographer is out of Danbury and will travel up to an hour for a location at no charge so we are thinking Milford will be our best bet for a beach location.  I know several people in Milford and the consensus seems to be that either Anchor Beach or Fort Trumbull beach would be the best location for photos.  I plan on checking both out in the next week or so, but if anyone has any input on either of these beaches (or another one that might be better) I'd love to know.  Thanks!

Re: Engagement photos: Milford beaches

• My fiance' and I had our engagement photos taken at Silver Sands, and we loved how they came out. There are both sandy and rocky areas, as well as benches and a boardwalk that add diversity to the shots. The beach is also free-- no entrance or parking fee-- so that was another plus. Our photographers were really happy with the location, too.
  • Hammonasette (spelling is probably wrong)... they have a nice beach, a "rock boardwalk", regular boardwalk etc;    About 3 miles down from there is the Clinton Beach.  It is pretty small but it is so pretty and liter free!
  • CTJennyCTJenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I had my pics taken at Silver Sands Beach. See link below:

http://www.cristaacosta.com/blog/index.php/2012/06/jenny-and-scott-silver-sands-beach-ct-wedding-photographer

Idk anything about the other two beaches but definitely take a look at all of them and see what you think. Have fun!
  • SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Thanks. Hammonassett puts our photographer over the 1 hour drive and I don't want to shell out 200 for extra travel so Milford is the best location. I'm def going to check out all their beaches!
  • FH and I go to Penfield Beach in Fairfield all the time. It is 48 minutes from Danbury (I google mapped it). The sand there is the smoothest out of any beach I have been to in CT (although I want to visit Westport's beach one day) and the water is the cleaner than Milford, West Haven, and Stratford. Downtown Fairfield is also super cute and quaint if you were looking to do mroe than one location. hey have a cute smoothie place and a frozen yogurt place. I highly recommend it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards