Snarky Brides

On way to the vet

This is a P&R. Leaving to take Maggie to the vet. She managed to get something in her eye yesterday (I think) and it needs to be checked out. Hope it's nothing serious! Wish us luck!

Re: On way to the vet

• Good luck! Hope everything is ok and that it doesn't cost a fortune!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Here's some luck!
    panther
  • Vibes and luck your way!
  • luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Ah jeez...she has conjunctivitis. And its contagious to people. Now I totally have phantom symptoms. I'm sure I'm going to get it b/c I am horrible about touching my eyes. She's had it for a few days but I was out of town and FI thought the green goo coming out of her eye was "normal." Fun stuff. 

Anyway, she'll be fine after some eye antibiotics....Thanks for the vibes.
  • oh,thankgod. I was waiting on pins and needles.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_way-vet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9516865-c3e0-4baa-9efc-0f67c494f33ePost:b566e3e2-b385-42e5-a967-93d72bc0876c">Re: On way to the vet</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh,thankgod. I was waiting on pins and needles.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm going to say thanks, and hope you meant that. Otherwise, it was unnecessary.</div>
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_way-vet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9516865-c3e0-4baa-9efc-0f67c494f33ePost:2c818e5f-e91b-4f9c-9218-061df7a4fdfc">Re: On way to the vet</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: On way to the vet : I'm going to say thanks, and hope you meant that. Otherwise, it was unnecessary.
    Posted by Brandiewine11[/QUOTE]

<div>I think this whole thread was unnecessary, but I didn't think that was necessary to tell you that.... until now.</div>
  • Brandie, I'm inclined to agree with Steph. An eye infection isn't really serious, so starting a whole thread about it seems a little odd. I do love your Newfie picture, because Newfies are badass, but I think SB is a little vibed-out lately. A puppy eye infection doesn't really need my attention or concern. It's just an every day annoyance.
  • Especially considering the ladies on here who have real pet concerns lately.  It just seems to minimize that.  Especially since, in all fairness, I really have no clue who you are.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_way-vet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9516865-c3e0-4baa-9efc-0f67c494f33ePost:fb1cb778-fb51-4d90-886c-b025534968e4">Re: On way to the vet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh FFS. Weren't people bitching in the last AYG about telling people what to post/not post? It took 2 seconds to read the OP. If it doesn't interest you, close it & move on. And, FWIW, I've had to deal with 'serious' pet issues this year (putting my 13 yo dog down) and this still doesn't offend me. I am more than happy to post a quick 'good luck' for a pet headed to the vet no matter how 'serious' people judge it to be.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>And you could have just as easily skimmed over my response, could you not?</div><div>
    </div><div>Also- I didn't tell her she couldn't post it, did I? I just think it's lame.  No one said my opinion is rules around here, but there's no reason I can't also express it.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_way-vet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9516865-c3e0-4baa-9efc-0f67c494f33ePost:a10cc62d-ec43-40b9-8bce-4a12387f9b13">Re: On way to the vet</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: On way to the vet : At least the opinion I posted wasn't just a smart ass dig at the OP. You're tired of posts asking for vibes. I get it.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>no... your response was just a 'smart ass dig' at me. Not sure how that's any better?</div>
  • Oh, and you telling me I shouldn't respond to the OP like that? Pretty hypocritical after saying I shoulnd't tell her not to post something. Think about it.
  • Yeah... I guess I'd rather just not see them at all. I really just don't understand it.  1. why do you care what random strangers think about your situation, and 2. why do you think they care about you?  That's harsh, but true.

If something were to happen to me now, I still don't think I'd post about it on here.  Or, just as a vent, but not as a "omg! Guys! Feel bad for me and pray for me, or at least pretend you're going to send me 'vibes' even though I really don't even know what that is."  Would I confide in a few of the girls I'm closer to on here? Probably. But just putting it all out there on a public board? I just don't understand what people think that's going to accomplish. 

Cew said it in the other thread, too.  But, if you just want to whine/vent/complain/AW, do that. Don't mask it through a "VIBES PLEASE" post. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards