Registry and Gift Forum

Keurig

We wanted a cuisinart coffee pot when we first registered.  Now that my parents got a keurig, FI is in love with it.  I was against it because if we are entertaining we can't make a big pot of coffee for everyone. I talked to the lady at Bed, Bath, and Beyond in the check out line one day and she said there is an attachment for the keurig where you can use a filter and make a whole pot.  But I can't find this on the BBB website.  Is anyone registering for this?
imageimageimage

Re: Keurig

• We have a Keurig and LOVE it. When we have people over, we always have a variety of coffee, tea and hot chocolate pods for people to pick from, so everyone can have what they want.  It has always worked out well.

Not sure about the filter you were recommended. Did you check the Keurig website?
  • I agree w/ MNVegas, we love our keurig and when we entertain (I'd say 30 is the largest party we've made coffee for) we just ask each guest what they want.  Then you can have decaf, regular, bold blend, hazelnut, hot cocoa, tea... the list goes on!  It takes so little time to brew it really doesn't take much longer than a normal pot of coffee.
  • Have both?  You can get a less expensive one for when you're filling up a group or thermos, and the Keurig for special times.
  • I fell in love with the Keurig but we got a cuisnart instead because DH and I go through a pot of coffee (at least) a day and the k-cups didn't seem economical. 

As far as I can tell there is an attachment that lets you brew your own coffee but it isn't a pot-at-a-time, it is still cup-at-a-time.  the attachment looks like a k-cup but it is a mini reuseable filter.  You put a tablespoon or so of your own coffee it in, and brew it into a cup just like you were using a k-cup.

We are still considering it for the future but as of right now love our cuisnart with the thermal carafe

• You can reuse the Kcups. Just clean them out, refill with ground coffee, put a piec of foil over the top and drop it in. FI get about 4-5 uses out of each cup. There is also a plastic Kcup w/cover that my BIL gave us and we have the filter cup.

We have the Elite model.

• there's definitely a filter attachment available to register for on the BBB website.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_keurig?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:4ef3ff84-2925-4689-84fe-167b5e1497e0Post:58b66045-ebe2-4d69-865b-dc6e890f25cd">Re: Keurig</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can reuse the Kcups. Just clean them out, refill with ground coffee, put a piec of foil over the top and drop it in. FI get about 4-5 uses out of each cup. There is also a plastic Kcup w/cover that my BIL gave us and we have the filter cup. We have the Elite model.
    Posted by MNVegas[/QUOTE]

This is a GREAT idea! I bought the filter and I'm not really happy with it. I'm definitely going to try this  :)
  • I love my Keurig! It's really great, but there isn't an attachment that allows you to brew an entire pot. Like everyone mentioned, you can get a My K-Cup and use your own coffee, and most of the k-cups will do two 8-ounce cups. I think they're great for entertaining though. They brew under a minute, and your guests can choose what flavor coffee/tea they want! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards