Snarky Brides

I am a callous bitch!

Okay, so after I had been engaged for about two days, my grandmother bought these place card holder frames, which I hated.  She also only bought 48 of them for my 62 guests.  My mother is adamant that I use them.  Things were further complicated when we decided on a plated dinner, so the place cards have to have something on them to indicate the guest's meal choice.  Well, my mother is on vacation for two weeks.  I told her I would get all of the place cards done so she didn't have to worry about it at all.  So I made the executive decision to buy place cards that I like and that have two different borders, so it will be easy to see who ordered what.  And if it makes her angry, I don't care. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
hide
"It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."

Re: I am a callous bitch!

• I'm quite sure that does not put you into callous bitch territory.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Unless you followed that up by punching your grandmother in the face, you're not really a callous bitch for choosing wedding decorations that suit you. 
  • ... and luckyme is back.

But yeah, ditto B. If there a part we missed? Like the part you punched your grandmother and told you mom she wasn't invited to the wedding?

• I woulda just told my grandmother thanks, but no thanks.

So maybe *I'm* the callous bitch.
  • Jenny- You are a sexy bitch! Not callous :)
  • Fail.

And I flame you for being worried about placecard holders after only being engaged for two days.
  • I couldn't just tell her thanks but no thanks as she mailed them to my mom, my grandmother doesn't live near us.  I have no problem telling my mother exactly how I feel, but with my grandmother, it's different. 

No, I would never punch my grandmother.  I love her and respect her.  She is my favorite.  Maybe that is why I feel so mean about not using her place card frames. 

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:842d8361-125b-4add-93fe-40c3a7c3c225">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fail. And I flame you for being worried about placecard holders after only being engaged for two days.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]
    Huh?

ETA: NM I reread and get what you're saying.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:842d8361-125b-4add-93fe-40c3a7c3c225">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fail. And I flame you for being worried about placecard holders after only being engaged for two days.

Read fail.  I wasn't worried about them after two days, my grandmother was.  I just bought the new place cards this week, and I'm getting married in less than four weeks. 

I flame you for not being able to master simple reading comprehension.

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • Why does everyone rush right into wedding stuff immediately after getting engaged? And if you're going to worry about details that soon, worry about something big. Like a venue. Not placecard holders.

And Lucky, please learn the concept of sarcasm. No one is seriously advocating you punch your grandmother.
  • Meghan I've actually been around lately, just lurking. 

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:29f5463f-08fd-4a1c-ae86-08510495ce4c">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am a callous bitch! : Read fail.  I wasn't worried about them after two days, my grandmother was.  I just bought the new place cards this week, and I'm getting married in less than four weeks.  I flame you for not being able to master simple reading comprehension.
    Posted by luckyme502[/QUOTE]

You didn't make it seem like you're getting married that soon in the original post.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:4a1c838e-aae2-4970-ac19-42188808f7e7">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why does everyone rush right into wedding stuff immediately after getting engaged? And if you're going to worry about details that soon, worry about something big. Like a venue. Not placecard holders. And Lucky, please learn the concept of sarcasm. <strong>No one is seriously advocating you punch your grandmother.
    </strong>Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself.  Those were really ugly placecard holders. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:83ee3053-6a1c-4c10-bc32-9ca6b1c91866">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am a callous bitch! : You didn't make it seem like you're getting married that soon in the original post.

I do have a wedding ticker which clearly shows I am getting married in 3 weeks and 3 days. 

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:4a1c838e-aae2-4970-ac19-42188808f7e7">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why does everyone rush right into wedding stuff immediately after getting engaged? And if you're going to worry about details that soon, worry about something big. Like a venue. Not placecard holders. And Lucky, please learn the concept of sarcasm. No one is seriously advocating you punch your grandmother.

Green, I might dial back the snark on this one. Lucky is something of a reg around here, so it's not like she's some newb who is rushing around worrying about placecards. Learn to look at post counts and dates for joining the Knot and such.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:9475476e-4ddd-4e6d-bb35-ece24f50b611">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meghan I've actually been around lately, just lurking. 
    Posted by luckyme502[/QUOTE]

Pick up on anything good?
    I havn't been around much either :/
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:83ee3053-6a1c-4c10-bc32-9ca6b1c91866">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am a callous bitch! : You didn't make it seem like you're getting married that soon in the original post.
    I don't know, her ticker kind of tips you off.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:4a040d7e-a722-43d3-974d-d4bb9f0963a1">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am a callous bitch! : I don't know, her ticker kind of tips you off.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

*snort*
  • edited June 2010
    I didn't see her ticker because her sig picture is too big for me, and I just scrolled down without looking at the ticker. My bad.

I still don't see the big deal about the original post. Use the placecards you want. Whatever.
  • It is a very insignificant detail to be so concerned with. I never have given it any thought. No one will say, "God, look at these stupid placeholders! Shiit, she has horrible taste!" I must say I have never even noticed them at any event I have ever gone to. I just want to know where I'm sitting.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:69164f89-a77c-490d-a60d-568a83da42e4">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am a callous bitch! : Green, I might dial back the snark on this one. Lucky is something of a reg around here, so it's not like she's some newb who is rushing around worrying about placecards. Learn to look at post counts and dates for joining the Knot and such.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

You know I love ya, Sarah, but I'm going to go ahead and disagree here.  I like when regs and somewhat regs get flamed.  I think it keeps us all honest, on our toes, and kills hierarchies that tend to form.  I don't think people should be afraid to flame regs (when it's something flameworthy) or snark at them.

Do I think GPB was a little ricockulous because she sucks at reading and seeing tickers?  Yes.  But in general, I disagree :)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Eh.  They're just placecard holders.  I used a buttugly card box because my MIL bought it and was so excited about it.  Same with a purse she got me for the wedding (that I used for the rehearsal dinner though).  Something small like that, it might just be better for everyone's feelings to use them and call it a day.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Hey hey, I used to go to first grade reading in kindergarten because I was such a super reader :)

But yes, I did experience a bit of a ticker reading fail.
  • All of these responses have me laughing so hard.  I totally needed this!  Thanks everyone.

Meghan - I haven't seen much which is why I haven't been posting so much.

i love how green though I missed the sarcasm about punching my grandmother.  I totally see myself running up to my grandmother and punching her because some people on the knot suggested it! 

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • You'd be quite surprised about how many people miss the sarcasm on this website.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-callous-bitch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:395a5902-2da4-4b17-b4d6-ae97fcbaf7e9Post:4a1c838e-aae2-4970-ac19-42188808f7e7">Re: I am a callous bitch!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why does everyone rush right into wedding stuff immediately after getting engaged? And if you're going to worry about details that soon, worry about something big. Like a venue. Not placecard holders. And Lucky, please learn the concept of sarcasm. No one is seriously advocating you punch your grandmother.

Oh my goodness, I was supposed to find a venue?!?  Shiit, I knew I forgot something!

2011 Reading Challenge

hide
  • Okay, okay, I get it. Reading comprehension fail on my part.

I just post on NEY a lot, and the amount of women there who think it's okay to buy a dress or book a hall before being engaged yet is astonishing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards