South Carolina

Greenville Cake Maker

Hi! I'm looking for a good cake reco in Greenville/Upstate. I would love to use Kathy and Company but I'm afraid it will be too pricey. Has anyone used K&Co and if so, how much was your cake? I'm having approx. 250 people and would love to know a ballpark figure for how much a cake should cost around here.

Thanks!

Re: Greenville Cake Maker

• edited December 2011
    Go to Publix! They make GREAT cakes! Specifically, if you go to the Publix on Butler Rd. in Mauldin and ask for Edie.. she is the best cake decorator around..!
    I used to be a decorator for Publix and and the price of their wedding cakes is VERY reasonable in comparison to specialty shops. Also, the price varies greatly depending on style, cake, filling, etc, so it would be hard to give a ballpark figure without going and asking..
    You don't need to make an appt or anything, just go one morning and talk with a bakery mgr or decorator, trust me! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Art Eats Bakery. I had a 10% off coupon, so we got a pretty good deal. Cake, delivery, and tax is $429.08 for 150 people. A friend of mine used Cupcake Couture and told me to stay away from them. Other than those 2, I have no idea - but hope this helps! Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree go with Publix they make great cakes and the price is great.  Strossene's also has great cakes, a little expensive, but great cakes and the service is A rated.

Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • SuzieK27SuzieK27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try Holly's Cakes too.  My niece had gone there and was surprised at the price - it was so reasonable for a custom shop.  I second the Cupcake Couture warning....
  • edited December 2011
    Holly's Cakes is amazing! She does such a great job! Try the strawberry with cream cheese icing! YUMMMM!!!
  • champhechamphe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Art Eats as well.  So far so good with them!  The cake taste was excellent and all of the pics she posts on her site really demonstrate her artistic abilities.  Very reasonably priced too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards