Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Those who partake in "adult beverages"

What are you drinking for new years?

Also, please respond to the poll below:

Re: Those who partake in "adult beverages"

• edited December 2011
    I'm just bringing some wine.  One bottle.  Can't get too drunk off of that... at least I can't.
  • edited December 2011

I'll probably have a glass or two of wine with dinner.  If I'm drunk for Black Swan... that could lead to bad things lol.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Whatever is available at Harrah's.
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going over my FI's friends and they are getting a keg... of most likely some shitty beer.  I don't mind drinking beer, but I think I might bring some wine to drink.

I chose buzzed, because most likely I will have a few glasses and that's it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

im definitely a beer girl.  probably sam winter ale or anchor steam winter ale. 

i put preeeeeety drunk only becasue we tend to play drinking games and pretend we can still party like we were in college.   but i will plan to be more on the less preeeeety drunk side of things since we are bringing our dog and so i can function the next day.

October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Probably a few glasses of wine, I have to save my self for NYD. Then I will get black out drunk! j/k that is the scariest feeling ever.
  • edited December 2011
    I chose the second one but sometimes it could end up to be the first one :P  I don't strive for that to happen though.
  • edited December 2011
    Verdi.  I love that ish.  I don't care if it's cheap- heck, cheap is good for my wallet right now.  It's sweet and oh so yummy.

We have a bottle of champagne we brought back from Disney World that DH suggested popping, and I said no way.  It's for our first anniversary.  And since I plan on doing b-pics and giving them to him for his first anniversary gift (hey, the pics are printed on paper, and paper is the first gift, so it all works out, right?), I have a feeling that champagne is going it come in handy then!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely will be partaking in some champagne. And probably some sort of mixed drink. Could be somewhere between option 1 and 2 LOL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Depends on how much I have done with my invites.  If we have tons to do I might not drink at all. 
  • edited December 2011

I said the second, but I need to clarify. I'll be driving home... so our festivities start at 6... I'll be sobering up by 9. We won't leave till 2. That's 5 hours of nothing but coffee, water, crap fried food and soberness. boo.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wine and champagne! Don't plan on getting drunk at all though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    MBR- i LOVE verdi.  and i also love that i love a cheap champagne.  have you ever tasted cristal or another fancy one?  i didnt like it and i would pick verdi anyday. 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have a bottle or two of Verdi here too!  Mmmmm.

We're still not 100% sure what we're doing, if anything.. but I am sure it will involve champagne for me.  I don't want to get sick-drunk/spinning-in-bed-drunk, just buzzed.
  • edited December 2011
    I picked two because I never intend to get pass #3 but it just happens!! We will be a house party with the option to crash we get to buzzed so its okay

Jackiebean- Have you ever had the Anchor Christmas Ale? OMG it's amazing!!
  • edited December 2011
    LOL that no one will pick black-out drunk, but some admit it is a possibility.
  • edited December 2011
    HWH- yes! i bought it for FI for xmas and it is so delicious! 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be drinking my usual...Bud Light!  I want to just get a good buzz but I know me and it will likely turn into more than that!  Happy NYE everyone in advance!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 invited so far!
    image 144 are ready to party!
    image 91 will be missing out!
    image 0 are MIA!
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    since we're going to this wine place in west chester for dinner I assume it'll be a wine night ;)  Maybe a beer or 2 after. Probably get a nice buzz going but we have to leave early the next day so I don't wanna be a zombie all day saturday haha

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Jesster- Where are you going in West Chester?
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MBR- I think it's called Teca Restaurant & Wine Bar
    My sister has always wanted to go there so that's where we're going. NYE is also my sister and brother in law's anniversary so it's double the celebration ;)
    There's like 8 of us going 

Ever been there?

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love me some Verdi, but it would take A LOT of that to get me buzzed.

I will be pre-gaming with champagne, and then moving on to my favorite, the Cosmo.

I plan on being drunk.  And if I have your phone number, expect an embarrasing text message.  I am a horrible drunk-texter.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are planning on going somewhere like Buffalo Wild Wings and getting winsgs and beer and watching the ball drop. I'm hoping to get significantly drunk because even though I had about 10+ drinks on my 21st, I didn't get drunk. I handle alcohol too well. D:

And I picked #2 'cause I don't think I could ever get black out drunk. I'd have to drink a whole keg by myself in 20 minutes to do so. Lmao.
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    some wine and a glass of champagne on NYE.  We have so much champagne leftover from wedding/engagement gifts.  NYD-yuengling lager in a can!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_those-partake-adult-beverages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:51131290-d362-4afc-a130-7d0468982d3aPost:2df0d540-0a40-4aea-9280-7d9a8467d939">Re: Those who partake in "adult beverages"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love me some Verdi, but it would take A LOT of that to get me buzzed. I will be pre-gaming with champagne, and then moving on to my favorite, the Cosmo. I plan on being drunk.  <strong>And if I have your phone number, expect an embarrasing text message.  I am a horrible drunk-texter.</strong>
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

oh me me me! text me!
  • lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely champagne all night.  Korbel Brut.  It's the only kind my mom drinks and she has apparently turned me into a champagne snob haha.  Though I do like Verdi & Rosa Regale.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards