Illinois

Wedding Dress Maker Help!! Need recomendations on who can make my wedding dress!!

Hey ladies,

I am newly engaged :) Loving it by the way! I have found two designers that I fell in love with and are "me" to a tee. Unfortunately, their dresses range from $3,500 - $7,000 and the three dresses I like are closer to that $7,000 range. I have done some research in bridal magazines and from past brides who say dress makers can sometimes make a dress 1/2 the price or even less than what the designers do. I currently live in Springfield, IL but would be willing to work with someone in Indiana, Chicago, St. Louis, etc. If anyone has any referrals of AWESOME dress makers, please send them my way.

Thank you all in advance!!

Re: Wedding Dress Maker Help!! Need recomendations on who can make my wedding dress!!

• joo6758joo6758 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! For my wedding, I had several dresses that I tried on and loved, but I wanted them all put together in one with a more unique custom feel to it. Those dresses I had tried on were 7k-20k+. Taylor the owner of Taylor Wilson Style made me two custom dresses for my wedding and I could not have been any happier. Her prices are extremely affordable for a custom dress that only you will have for your special day : ) She is located on the Northside of Chicago, but does travel to clients as needed!

I will be posting pictures of my dress once I get pics back from the photographer, but you can email her at info@taylorwilsonstyle.com or visit her websites: taylorwilsonstyle.com and www.facebook.com/taylorwilsonstyle .. She's booking up fast for next year so I would contact her ASAP : ) Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! Thank you so much for your help! I will definitely look into her!

Congrats on the wedding!!
  • edited December 2011
    Go to Jenny Yoo! They're a great bridal salon and have a ton of dresses for you and your bridesmaids!!

You can check them out at The Wedding Salon coming up this Monday. I got this code for 2 free tickets, you can use the code also and get some advice from them if you're interested in going

Heres the information I received for anyone that's interested

The Wedding Salon

Monday, October 3rd, 2011

4 PM – 8 PM

The W City Center, Chicago

Find the Best Resources for your Wedding!

For Complimentary Tickets ($50 value, admits 2) use code

CBNC at weddingsalon.com or call 212.631.7777

·         See a Couture Fashion Show by Jenny Yoo & the latest trends in table decor, photography, gowns, invitations & more

·         Beauty Makeovers by Saks Fifth Avenue Chicago featuring Laura Mercier and Giorgio Armani

·         Magical Honeymoon Giveaways, Cocktails, Cake Tastings, Gift Bags …

• Don't worry.Cheap-bridal.com can offer the superior white wedding dress for brides.Through our stunning gowns and our professional customer service staff, it is our goal to make your special day, an Unforgettable one.Here can custom made all kind of formal dress, very cheap and high quality. You may as well have a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards