New Jersey
Options

Funny Story...kind of ridiculous- How wedding planning has cost me my teeth.

Hello Girls,

I had my horrible root canal from 6 months ago checked out because I have shooting pains and I have severe sensitivity to hot and cold.

I was told by my endodontist yesterday  that if it doesn't get better,  I might need a bridge or implant which is thousands of dollars.I went back to my dentist of 15 years this afternoon because I couldn't eat and she scolded me and said, "Christine, you have been grinding your teeth to the nerves!! Have you been anxious or stressed out about something. Lemme guess, wedding planning!"

I love love love being engaged, planning, and being a little obsessive! My FI and I have never been so happy and he knows I enjoy my lists, bridal folder, vendors, and reading the knot.

However, I think it cost me 400 dollars for a tiny piece of plastic AKA really small mouth guard. It looks like a clear piece of chewed gum

Ridiculous right?

Re: Funny Story...kind of ridiculous- How wedding planning has cost me my teeth.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been grinding my teeth since grad school, and haven't seemed to stop since!  I mean with taking a major exam, starting a new job, buying a house and planning a wedding, I guess my stress levels never went down.  *Grinds teeth*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been grinding my teeth since 2004 when I studied abroad & had a horrible experience. I haven't stopped... I have a mouthguard and I'm so used to it that I can't sleep without it. I can definitely feel that there has been more pressure since becoming engaged but I hope it'll get better!
  • Options
    ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I never knew I clenched and grinded/ground. It was interesting sleeping with a guard. Kep taking it out so I can eat in my dream.. Haahaha there you go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards