Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

~SAHM~

I saw your questions on the GM post!  I ordered my paper from paperandmore.com.  I ordered several samples prior to making my purchase.  I did a mock up of my invites Smile

Did you end up finding invites that you liked with moons on them?
Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: ~SAHM~

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ::butting in:: Meg, your invitations look lovely! I am continually amazed by you ladies and your craftiness (and patience!)

Btw, are you still working on the luggage tags, or did you end up scrapping that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good question!  I went to Joann's and this very nice lady shopping in one of the aisles explained to me how to do it.  I've almost finished 5.  I have to sew buttons on to them.  So far I'm happy with them.  Thanks for asking!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh cool, I'm glad it's working out for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, Meg.  Your invitations look absolutely beautiful!  I really love your pink and navy combo, and they look so neat in the pocket folders.

I ended up making our invites since we wanted to customize them.  I tried posting a pic, but it wouldn't accept my pdf file for some reason.  It is basically a clip art picture of a full moon relecting on the ocean, which I tinted purple.  At the top it says, "Eternal love, like moonlight's reflection on the ocean..."  Then it has our namess in the middle of the moon and all our other info beneath that over the water.  The paper and envelopes I got have a bit of iridescence to them so the moon and water (which are white on the purple) will shimmer.  I got my paper at XpedX on the North Side, which may just be my new favorite store.

I used the same picture on our reception and response cards as well as the cover of our program and on the vellum wraps for our centerpieces.  I cut the picture down to just the moon with a purple glow around it that I want to add our names to and make into stickers to put on our favors (round silver tins with custom M 'n M's - sticking with the round moon theme).  Never thought I'd be doing so much DIY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your invites sounds beautiful!  I've never heard of XpedX, I might have to check them out!  I am falling in love with all craft/paper stores and projects.  Its almost an unhealthy additiction! ahah

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    XpedX is a paper and office supply store (mostly paper, though).  It used to be called Arvey.  It's on Western Avenue literally right across from the West End Bridge (if you cross the WE Bridge toward the North Side, you almost run right into it).  It has a bright blue awning.  A lady at Kinko's recommended it for the kind of specialty paper I was looking for, and they didn't disappoint.  They are also sooooo nice there.  They looked into the availability of and ordered the envelopes, which they did not have in stock, plus extra paper.  Plus they have given me 6 sheets of vellum for free so I could try out my centerpiece idea.  I will be going back to get more soon now that I know it will work.  It's hard not to get caught up in craft type stores - and I'm not even really that crafty.  Your luggage tags sound like fun, but I think I'm at my DIY limit!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SAHM- your invites sound gorgeous! I'd love to see a pic of them sometime! I really like the verse at the top.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Kim!  I wish I could figure out how to get them to post as a pic in here.  I kind of made up the quote.  On our program cover I finished it to read "...goes on forever."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards