Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette party

I am the MOH at my sister's wedding in June.  I am trying my hardest to plan a bachelorette party, but we are both currently living out of state.  All she wants is to do dinner and go bar hopping, but I want to add something special.  Any ideas?  It will be a cocktail themed party (we are going to a martini bar).  Any ideas would be amazing!

Re: Bachelorette party

• edited December 2011
    You can do a pleasure party before you go out..or karoake which is always fun after a couple of drinks
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, personally, if all she wants is dinner and a bar crawl, then I'd honor her wishes.  She's the bride.   Just do what she wants.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I just want some kind of suprise element.  Right now she knows everything, and that's not fun.  We will be doing the bar crawl and dinner, but I want to add something that she will really not be expecting!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'ma going to again respectfully disagree.  Not everyone loves a surprise.  I hate surprised.  My DD hates surprised.  My mom hated surprises. 

Your sister had made her wishes known.  Because YOU think a surprise "something else" would be fun doesn't mean it would fun for someone else.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I think a suprise is a great idea! Maybe you could have people bring their favorite martini recipes and the ingrediants for the bride to be?
  • edited December 2011
    I understand that not EVERYONE likes suprises, however I know that my sister does.  I am not thinking of hiring a stripper or anything like that.  Just something a little extra to show how much we love her.  I have never met someone that doesn't like to feel loved.

I love the idea of a martini recipe book!  :) 
  • rebecca78701rebecca78701 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The martini recipe book is perfect!!  Something from everyone who's attending without have a "sign in" book.
  • edited December 2011
    The party is still going to be low key.  I am not looking to change the theme of the party or anything like that.  I just want to add somethign special, whether it is a gift, or something homemade, or an afternoon at the spa. 

I really considered going to the spa with just her and I, but she will be getting her hair trial for the wedding done that day. 

I know for a fact that my sister would not mind ANY suprises (she has already told me so). I just can't think of one good enough!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards