California-Los Angeles

MOB Dress

Ladies I need suggestions on where my mom and I can go look for a dress for her.

Re: MOB Dress

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I suggest staying away from anything that's designated as "MOB".  They usually make moms look so old.  My mom got her dress from Ann Taylor.  You can look at Macy's, JCP, Bloomingdale's, Banana Republic (depending on the formality of your wedding).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks. That helps. We looked at David's Bridal and I was like uughh, no way! Lol
  • I would say NO WAY to DB too. I did get my BM dresses from there but the MOB gowns where not at all cute.  I would check out Nordstroms and/or Bloomies
  • My mom got hers at macys. She was able to find a style that suits her and she did not look like an older bridesmaid.
  • My mom got her dress at a little place near her in SD, but MIL got hers at this little store in the Northeidge Mall called June's. Someone recommended them to me for flower girl dresses. I checked their website and wasn't inpressed. So one day i stopped in on a whim and was very pleasantly surprised with their selection (and prices). And I believe they also have a location in Burbank.
  • My mom got her dress here. It's a great place in the valley.

http://www.dressed-up.com/

My mother-in-law got her dress at Nordstrom. I would try both of those.
  • We are going to go looking for my mom's today.  She wants to try Macy's and just browse around in the mall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards