Florida-South Florida

exchange of gifts with your FI

When and how are you exchanging gifts with your FI?? (if you doing it)

Does your FI know to get you a card or gift? How does he know he needs to? Did you guys talk about it?
My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: exchange of gifts with your FI

• edited December 2011
    I had an idea for a gift for him but he thinks giving gifts/cards is stupid :( He's a party pooper. Lol.

Whoohoo. Lacey, see you in 10 days! haha
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol Tess, I dont want to come out and say hey btw Im getting you a gift you should by me one haha by all means I dont want him to do it b/c I am. So thats why I was seeing what everyone was doing.

WOO WHOO see you in 10 days!!
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I actually sent Joe an article saying, "Oh, I didn't know this, did you?" even though I knew full well :x LOL 
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha good idea.
  • odiloveslegosodiloveslegos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told him about a friends gift from her husband and he was like - wait, do we have to do that? 

:: puppy dog eyes ::

presto!
  • Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Lacey...send me that article!!!!  I am okay if we don't exchange gifts...but I would like to do cards..
  • edited December 2011

Heck I don't care lol we are pretty vocal about things so I will ask him: are u getting me a gift? because if u are not I wont get one for you lol.....j/k but I will tell him I'm getting him something, besides I have showed him wedding pics and he already saw pics of the bride/groom opening presents so he knows =)

• edited December 2011
    I asked my FI if we were going to exchange gifts. We decided we would. I think we are going to exchange them at the first look.
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Danielle-I dont have the article, Tess did.

Thanks ladies, you gave some good ideas hehe.
  • ladylisaltladylisalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since we are paying for our own wedding and honeymoon I am going to have to say gifts are not needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     i point blank told him...for my wedding gift i would love my gun. =) and i told him his gift is a surprise. =) haha that was the end of the conversation hahahahaha
  • avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had decided that we were not going to do gifts. 

Still, I got Albert a card and figured he would do the same, but of course men dont know that kind of stuff unless you actually TELL THEM, so he did not get me one. The night before the wedding before I left for the hotel with my BM's I told him that I had left him something in the top dresser drawer and that he should get it as soon as he woke up.  He immedately panicked and said "what?? I thought we said no gifts! its a card isnt it? Crap, I didnt get you one, I;m sorry!" I just laughed, it wasnt a big deal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards