Texas-San Antonio

Ranch wedding tight budget

We are working with a very tight budget ($5,000) and thinking we'll get the biggest bang for our buck if we rent a ranch house for the weekend and keep everything very low-key. 

Has anyone else done something similar here in Texas? Do you have suggestions on a ranch? We're fairly flexible on where it is, but we'd prefer if it was centralized, like in the Austin, Hill Country or Houston areas.

Re: Ranch wedding tight budget

• edited December 2011

I like the idea!  I don't know about here in SA, but maybe try looking up "Rental Condos" in specific areas.  My Husband and a big group of us go to the Renn Fair every year (I know--cheesy, but fun) and I always book a nice condo for a couple hundred dollars for all of us.  Lake Conroe is where we stay--there are a lot of nice options.  It's really easy to find a bunch of great listings if I just search "Rental Condo Lake Conroe" or "Vacation Rentals Lake Conroe" or something like that.  Anyway, try looking that up and seeing if you can find one with a nice outdoor space or ranch feel.

• edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Cactus Ranch and it was very beautiful and cheaper than most places.  Its right outside of New Braunfels.  the website is http://www.cactusranchtexas.com/ but there is not a lot of good pictures on it. 
    Married June 4, 2010 to the love of my life :)
  • summerfaun66summerfaun66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding at Palmetto State Park.  Rental for their pavilion is REALLY inexpensive; $80.00 for the whole day, right on the San Marcos River, out of the way, and quiet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at site yesterday called Karios Celebration Barn. It is 1800, for a Saturday, which is AWESOME! http://www.kairos-celebrationbarn.com/

Also, T Bar M - rents thier facilites from 500-1800 as well. Lots of different places to have it, and it is for the budget bride.
  • juliedaffernjuliedaffern member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, girls! These are great ideas. I'm going to look into them.
  • edited December 2011
    sarah beth 1987 do you have any pictures you would share with me of your wedding at the cactus ranch
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards