Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Photo site?

I need a place to upload all my photos from the wedding, so I can send them to people like my dad, grandparents, etc.  Don't need to really order prints or anything, just need a place to store about 700 pics.

I tried Flickr, but they have a upload limit per month.  Picasa would work, I guess, but I don't know much about it.

If you have thoughts on Picasa or another site (the other one I thought of was webshots.com), please, share your experience here.  I really need the site to be as user-friendly as possible, since the people we will be sending the link/album to are not as tech-savvy as most.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Photo site?

• Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have accounts on both Webshots and Shutterfly. I find Webshots more user-friendly for uploading my pictures. There are no monthly limits. There is a total picture limit, which seems to increase all the time - right now mine says 6800.

With both Webshots and Shutterfly you can email albums to people. All they have to do it open the email and click and they're in. Shutterfly also lets you make your own webpage with multiple albums that you can open to let others upload to, but that sounds a lot more involved than what you're looking to do.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love shuttefly- also, I have a friend who swears by the Kodak website. She uploads and sends me full albums, and I actually have the option to buy them right there.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Photobucket is where I uploaded mine.  You can password protect the album too.
  • edited December 2011

I have both Kodak Gallery and Picasa.  I use Kodak gallery for pics that I've taken with my nicer camera because the resolution on there is better. 

• edited December 2011
    I uploaded my pictures to shutterfly. If your pictures are not in jpeg format you can't upload them to shutterfly. I have been learning a lot about pictures!
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used mpix.com It allowed me to do all 900 of them, in high res. It also gave people the option to order them, in professional quality paper, for an inexpensive price (what it normally costs at cvs).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards